Good news - Bad news

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After weeks of deliberation between the Union and management an outcome has finally arrived.

There are to be NO redundancies (for the meantime)
But and it's a big BUT, we will be working a four day week.
The company are losing money at an alarming rate and this, they say, will help to keep costs down. Everything they have asked of us we have met. The problem is that their sales reps' are not selling the product we make but it's us who have to suffer the consequencies.

We are going to be on a shorter working week for a period of twelve weeks then it's back round the table for further talks. In my opinion these are just delaying tactics as the future of our company is becoming more imminantly doomed.

Union = TGWU (Transport &General workers union)
Company = Bosal (UK)
Manufacturer of Silencers (mufflers for those accross the pond) for the auto' industry

Maybe it's the push (no pun intended) that i need to get out there and do something different than welding. No point worrying about it. Could be a blessing in disguise, who knows?

yeah, its funny you should mention that, i was just sending a message to terri about the same thing- i've been wanting to find something different as well so indeed it could be a blessing in disguise. Best of Luck to us both!

Hi Darren,
There's one bright spot here in that you've got a little breathing space to get organized.
Maybe you could put your talents to good use and start your own business?
If things are still similar to what I remember there was a very good market in car body repair to get old buggies through the MOT, could there be an opening there for you?
Just a thought and best of luck to everyone with a family to support and the threat of a job loss hanging over your heads.

Most reactions

Back