Good Old Reliable 55

You need to come up with some sort of jewelry line incorporating the number 55 and use these for marketing.

Although it sounds much more like a perfume fragrance "Chanel 55" ... brought to you by channel 55!:lol:

I like it though.. adds so much more character to an otherwise typical (though beautiful) architectural shot.

Very nice Bitter. Did you do any light painting or was there already lights giving the steel their lighting? I don't know if you picked out this shot BECAUSE of noticing that, but if not, I think it really adds to the ambiance. Nice placement of the "55" as well, helps pull the eye through the steel frame. I think it would look really cool printed up on canvas or something in maybe 6 seperate large frames and then hung so that the image comes together as a whole, but with a little wall between each specific canvas. Not sure if their is a technical term for this type of setup. I know Genuine Fractals will split it up for you so that you can print in pieces.

EDIT: or even horizontal thirds ( 3 canvases so as not to have as many frames splitting on the actual building. )

I've heard of stalking women but stalking building??? :scratch:
They're gonna put a restraining order on you bitter :lol:

I know you are very capable in post processing so I have to wonder how much of this image is real.
What parts of this image's reality do you question Ron?

Taylor, the bridge was already lit up that way.

I know you are very capable in post processing so I have to wonder how much of this image is real.
What parts of this image's reality do you question Ron?

Taylor, the bridge was already lit up that way.

I found the intensity of the colour of the foreground girders a bit unreal & found the foreground more in focus than the supposedly subject "55" building.

You & I live in totally different environments so I have trouble relating to the concrete jungle & the lighting it may present.

I've heard of stalking women but stalking building??? :scratch:
They're gonna put a restraining order on you bitter :lol:

But, but, but I was checking out the bridge, from many angles, and she just showed up.

I found the intensity of the colour of the foreground girders a bit unreal & found the foreground more in focus than the supposedly subject "55" building.
This is interesting. I am posting a 100% crop for you. But there seems to be some degradation of my images when reducing them for the web.

100% crop by Bitter Jeweler, on Flickr

Both images are SOOC. Well, I straightened the original, by a few degrees. So, it was COOC (crooked out of camera), but no other fiddling.

You & I live in totally different environments so I have trouble relating to the concrete jungle & the lighting it may present.
You should go exploring the city at night more! ;)
I love the city. Were gonna chuck our house and move downtown in the next year. I'll miss the Koi pond, but that's about it.

The building does look sharper than the foreground by a bit in the crop.

I detest the city at the best of times & must be dragged kicking & screaming into it. Go into Toronto @ night & come home dead - shootings nearly every night & more on weekends. I sure do not miss the 60km (40 mile) commute I used to make five days a week.

LOL

Surely not every part of the city is bad. I know what areas to stay away from here, day or night.

But then, there have been drive by shootings, gang violence, and drug wars in my 'hood, which looked so nice when I bought the house.

LOL

Surely not every part of the city is bad. I know what areas to stay away from here, day or night.

But then, there have been drive by shootings, gang violence, and drug wars in my 'hood, which looked so nice when I bought the house.

Those people are coming after you for stalking another man's building.

Most reactions

Back