Good online developer?

Lysskers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for some advice on a good quality online developer. I'm a stay at home mom who does portraits for people on the side, and would love to get my print developed online, but don't know a good site that prints professional quality pictures.
Do you?

Thanks!

I've used ritzpix.com and have had very satifying results (5x7 & 8x10). I'm not a pro, but just by looking at them they look professional. Plus, they are about 2 blocks from my house :)

I've used Mpix, Shutterfly and Webshots (in the US) and Mpix is by far the best of those 3. Fast shipping times, gorgeous prints and plenty of options for customizing. I'd highly recommend them.

Adorama does a nice job (much better than Shutterfly, color-wise, in my experience, though it was years ago and they may have improved).

My recommendation if you want real professional results is the lesser-known White House Custom Color (whcc.com). Set up a free account with them and use their ROES software (Java, cross-platform) to set up your prints. It's great because you can instantly preview cropping/scaling effects with different paper sizes and their output is fabulous.

My last order from WHCC was placed at about 3 PM on Sunday afternoon and I received it on Monday! I couldn't believe they processed and shipped the work at 6 PM on Sunday night.

When one of my colleague's prints came mis-packed from WHCC, he called them and they immediately offered to re-print and re-ship them all for free, no hassle. I can't recommend them more.

Well one of the nice things about Mpix is that if you start to do more professional work they have 2 sides, obviously the am side and the pro side. There are alot of online pro labs out there but you need to pay to use some of them wich means you need to do alot of volume to make them work for you. If you do this kind of volume all you need to do is search for "professional photo labs" on google or whatever.

Most reactions

Back