Ejazzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am itchin to buy a new lens. any suggestions

i love macro!

i have a nikon D300

and i dont really have a budget. but i dont want to be spending a thousand doll hairs

You may want to include a few more details; what kind of camera, what budget, what lens(es) you already own...

i am itchin to buy a new lens. any suggestions

i love macro!

i have a nikon D300

and i dont really have a budget. but i dont want to be spending a thousand doll hairs

Well so much for recommending the 100mm f2.8. Canon only makes it in a Canon mount. :D

Seriously, you might take a look at the Nikon 105mm f/2.8D AF Micro lens. Here are some reviews of the lens.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=66&sort=7&cat=12&page=1
It's running $760 right now from B&H.

I have the 105mm F/2.8 Sigma. An awesome portrait lens and a very very nice 1:1 macro lens.

For the price/value, its VERY hard to beat.

Well so much for recommending the 100mm f2.8. Canon only makes it in a Canon mount. :D

Seriously, you might take a look at the Nikon 105mm f/2.8D AF Micro lens. Here are some reviews of the lens.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=66&sort=7&cat=12&page=1
It's running $760 right now from B&H.
I'm itching for that lens myself.

One thing that gryphonslair didn't mention in the nomenclature is the VR, which in my readings have high praises for.

I have the 105mm F/2.8 Sigma. An awesome portrait lens and a very very nice 1:1 macro lens.

Yes, I recently saw the review of that lens. And that is a pretty sharp and well build lens. Although it is not a HSM lens. But I really do not think you need that for Portrait or macro work. I saw some samples from that lens and they are very good.

Hey Jerry, That is a well reviewed lens at an outstanding price. Could you post a macro example? I would love to see what it can do. Or maybe not, considering they make it in a Canon mount and I know what I paid for the Canon. Not as much as Nikon wants for their 105, but still more than the Sigma.

Tamron 90 mm macro, can be found for less than $400...

Dao, what is an HSM lense?

thanks everyone!

This is the definition from Sigma

HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor)
This lens uses a motor driven by ultrasonic waves to provide a quiet, highspeed AF.

In other words, the AF (Automatic Focus) mechanism is faster and quieter than the regular one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back