Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To anyone in Canada.

Futureshop is having a sale and they have Sandisk Ultra II 2.0GB CF cards for $69.99 CDN. That's $70 off of the regular price. I went into a store at lunch today...and it was a mad house. They had baskets of random memory cards piled up behind the counter. They couldn't even find any for me, even though their computer showed that they had 3 in stock. They gave me a rain-check but I just ordered on-line instead. I got two of them, that's 4 gigabytes of Ultra II, for less than $160 CDN, including shipping. Merry X-mas to me :D.

Mad_Gnome said:
I just picked up a 4gb Sandisk Extreme III CF card on eBay for $78 US plus shipping. Merry Christmas to me.

Be careful, there's loads of Fake Cards on ebay going at about half normal costs.

Thanks...but I'm getting them from a large electronics chain store (Futureshop). I went into the store to buy them...but they couldn't find any in stock because of the disorderly mess during their X-mas sale. I figured it was easier to order from their web site than to drive around the city trying to find them at one of the 4 or 5 stores.

Here is the link, if any one's interested.

Amazon.com has the Ultra 2 - 2GB for $47 and free shipping. I bought a couple about 2 weeks ago.

Is it just me or are card prices falling through the floor? I just picked up two 512 San disks (not the ultras), on sale, for $12.99 each at my local drug store. I wanted them for back ups. After the clerk rang them, he said, "Wow, that's less than the regular price for one." I noticed several other stores having sales around this price.

To anyone in Canada.

Futureshop is having a sale and they have Sandisk Ultra II 2.0GB CF cards for $69.99 CDN. That's $70 off of the regular price. I went into a store at lunch today...and it was a mad house. They had baskets of random memory cards piled up behind the counter. They couldn't even find any for me, even though their computer showed that they had 3 in stock. They gave me a rain-check but I just ordered on-line instead. I got two of them, that's 4 gigabytes of Ultra II, for less than $160 CDN, including shipping. Merry X-mas to me :D.

you can get thoes at cheaper on amazon brotha.

you can get thoes at cheaper on amazon brotha.

In Canada? Amazon.ca only sells books and movies and if Amazon.com ships across the border (they often don't) then there is a lot of extra BS to deal with.

From what I've seen & heard, Amazon isn't the great place to shop that it used to be. Now it's just a site that other retailers use to advertise/sell their crap.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon.com these days.

I ordered a book once that was supposed to ship in one day. Two weeks went by, and it never shipped...I ended up cancelling the order.

Most reactions

Back