Good Price?

) High ISO on the D90 is a great improvement that allows me another stop for those lower-light handheld situations. Every little bit helps.
2) Dynamic Range - The D90 gives about 1EV of additional range.
3) 3" lcd display - For these old eyes I need all the help I can get. And blurry out of focus shots I can see without zooming to delete.
4) ISO displayed in viewfinder also can change iso on the fly with the sub-command wheel.
5) Shutter Life - D90 is rated 2x the D80 at 100,000 clicks.
6) D-Lighting - Improvements there also.
7) 3D tracking - Lock on subject and during recomposing the AF Point will change to keep subject focused. Great for motion tracking?
8) Self-Cleaning - Still skeptical how well this feature works.
9) Info Button - Now can get quick Top Lcd readings on back LCD with built-in changing of D-lighting,High noise NR,Picture adjustment,Function button assignment,etc.
10) Picture preview - When reviewing picture tap up once and all picture settings and exposure info displayed with small histogram all laid out in nice easy format to read.
11) Frame rate - D90 gives 50% more at 4.5fps the D80 3fps.
D90>D80

You just listed the benefits for yourself. Not the OP. Nevermind that, and this is of course just my opinion, none of those is worth the premium an individual is going to pay on a new/used D90 over a D80.

On Amazon you can get that same package for $769, and amazon is generally a well trusted site.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-10-2MP-Digital-18-135mm-Zoom-Nikkor/dp/B000HGIWN4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232069083&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Nikon D80 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens: Electronics[/ame]

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You just listed the benefits for yourself. Not the OP. Nevermind that, and this is of course just my opinion, none of those is worth the premium an individual is going to pay on a new/used D90 over a D80.

I was answering your "because...". These are the advantages of the D90 over the D80, the OP can see for himself, and it answers your question.

From what I've seen of high ISO quality from a D90, it certainly covers the premium I would pay over another lesser camera. Could have been the person taking the shot, but I remember someone posting an ISO3200 image that I thought was amazing with 0 noise.

From what I've seen of high ISO quality from a D90, it certainly covers the premium I would pay over another lesser camera. Could have been the person taking the shot, but I remember someone posting an ISO3200 image that I thought was amazing with 0 noise.

Zero noise at what resized resolution. Every image has noise, even at ISO 200.

However again, how many times is the OP going to be in a situation where they are going to need to crank it that high, and don't have access to a flat platform or a tripod? It's like someone saying "Hey this car comes with a free baby seat!", and someone replying "So. I'm fertile." "But. . .FREE CARSEAT!" Yea its great, but do you want to pay for it. I can count on my hand the number of WAY High Iso shots I've actually kept.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Guys this is not a too good price. The D80 is 2 and some change years old.

On this sight I found a link to buy a Nikon d80 with a 18-200mm lens. Thats the lens I wanted to get in the beginning. Is there a reason why I shouldn't go with this lens?

I just bought a used D80 body only and a new 18-105mm VR kit lens that comes with a D90. I debated on the 18-200 but didn't want to spend the extra $300...not even 1 week later, I wish I went with the 18-200. I'll probably still get it and sell the kit lens on ebay.

What about a speedlight? Which would be better for the d80? a sb600 or sb800?

Ok again??? Speedlight SB600 or SB800? and also is there such a lens as the 18-200 VR?

For a beginner, and for about 150 bucks less, the SB600 really does do all you will want it to do. Especially if you only have one flash. The D80 can fire it wirelessly so that's not a problem. About the only thing you can over with the SB800 is a longer guide number (longer reach), 1/128 maximum power versus 1/64, slower recycling time, shorter battery duration, the ability to tilt the head "down" and thats about it as far as I remember.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back