Good site to compare side by side

Eyetattoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any good site to compare different cameras side by side. I feel bad coming here every few days asking about this camera vs this camera. There are just so many things to consider when deciding on what body to start with, D40,D60,D3000, XSi, T1i, etc......

No there isn't. There's only one thing to consider when picking a body and that's how good it feels in your hand.

I can drool all day at the lovely features of the Canon 5D MkII, but really the control system (in my opinion) is retarded and the buttons are all in the wrong place.

dPreview won't tell you that.

My advice to you is pick a class of camera you would like. Entry level, prosumer with metal body, full frame prosumer, professional. Use an online comparator if you are after any specific features (the image quality is mostly the same between brands, and excellent regardless of what you buy, and limited by lens choice in many cases).

Then once you have an idea of your budget, just go to a camera shop and pick up every camera from every manufacturer in your budget and play with them. Be it Canon, Nikon, Olympus, or whatever. The only thing that will be vastly different between similar priced cameras is how they feel and how they are controlled.

Oh and scrub the D40 from your list, That is ancient technology right there

Most reactions

New Topics

Back