Good Sites For Backlinks

I PM'd you.

Well; that is no fun. Why can't we all here the answer.

Love & Bass
Maybe it was a query and not an answer.

My first thought was it was an "I'll link to you, if you'll link to me" kind of PM.

But, there is little point of posting a "I PM'd you" note, since the OP would be notified the next time they log on, at least.

The majority of my links come from my blog and from my signature on the photo forum. I guess this may not have been a good post since people have probably put so much work into getting their list together. I know I've been working on my list for a while too.

Whoa! Kala Marie! Your flower photos are the best I have ever scene. I photographed my garden one summer so I am familiar with the genre.

Back on the subject; linkbacks are an SEO accelerator. I can give my version on it, but I am so new to SEO that I doubt it would be correct. I do know that SEO research is important to the success of your online marketing plan.

Love & Bass

As far as how Google looks at links, a link on its own doesn't do too much aside from increasing your page rank, which Google says is only one of hundreds of factors in determining SERP (ranking). HOWEVER, a link that has the appropriate link text and is placed in the appropriate context gives Google an idea of where your site is important.

Craig, why the heck isn't Google indexing your site after so many posts on the forum with links to your site in the signature. Did you block Google or get yourself blacklisted? Great architecture work by the way.

Craig, why the heck isn't Google indexing your site after so many posts on the forum with links to your site in the signature. Did you block Google or get yourself blacklisted? Great architecture work by the way.

Thanks Larissa! I am wondering the same thing myself. I am in the process of creating a mirror site that should help things along nicely. None the less I am pissed because my site barely supports SEO.

)'(

Craig, it looks like yahoo recognizes your site. Couple of thoughts: have you submitted to Google ( Add your URL to Google )? Have you checked your site out in Google Webmaster tools? Maybe it even has something to do with the amount of text on your homepage. It seems like once you get your site indexed on Google that it should start performing well with so many links on the forum.

I ran a quick Google search, and even though your page does not show up with a page rank at all when I'm looking at your site in my Google Toolbar, you're on the 2nd page of Google results for "Hermosa Beach Photographer". It's still weird to me that Google doesn't have a page rank for your homepage (not even a page rank 0). If you change your forum signature link text to "Hermosa Beach Photographer", I wouldn't be surprised if you started showing up on the first page of Google results.

Whoa! Kala Marie! Your flower photos are the best I have ever scene. I photographed my garden one summer so I am familiar with the genre.

Back on the subject; linkbacks are an SEO accelerator. I can give my version on it, but I am so new to SEO that I doubt it would be correct. I do know that SEO research is important to the success of your online marketing plan.

Love & Bass

Thank you!

And back to the subject; my google page rank is zero! according to Alexa, my blog is in the top 20% for traffic, but Google says I only have 19 inbound links and I don't know how to increase that number.
can anyone give me some helpful hints?

KalaMarie,
One good place to add your blog is www.blogcatalog.com . Also, I wouldn't be too concerned with either how many links Google shows or your page rank. Yahoo is showing over 1000 links into your blog, so it's not really the number of links that is your problem. The major problem is that it doesn't look like your blog is optimized for any keywords. What are you wanting to show up for in Google. What you're technically optimized for right now is the search term "A Matter Of How You See It", but probably very few people will search for that phrase in Google.

If you're location specific, you should include that in your page title and link text. Either way, you'll want to think about what you want to show up for in Google and have your page title, body content, and link text all contain that keyword phrase.

I don't know. The whole backlink thing is a mystery to me.

Most reactions

Back