Good Sites For Backlinks

Hi folks,

I am slowly learning about this whole SEO thing. Is there some way to explain it in 2nd grader level? What are the basics of how I can adjust my site? How do I use keywords? How do I get other sites to link to me? Does typing my url at the end of these posts do me any good at all? How do you all get those hotlinks at the bottom of your posts automatically?
Any info would be great. Four months in and we still have less than a thousand hits.

Thanks
Dave

www.heretotherephotography.com

Hi folks,

I am slowly learning about this whole SEO thing. Is there some way to explain it in 2nd grader level? What are the basics of how I can adjust my site? How do I use keywords? How do I get other sites to link to me? Does typing my url at the end of these posts do me any good at all? How do you all get those hotlinks at the bottom of your posts automatically?
Any info would be great. Four months in and we still have less than a thousand hits.

Thanks
Dave

www.heretotherephotography.com

The word "Keyword" should not be confused with the metadata tag "keyword". I wouldn't even bother with the metadata tag "keyword". But you do need to focus on a few 'keywords' that people will try and search. Right now your <title> "Here to There Photography Home" tells me (and others) absolutely nothing about what you are and what you do. For me, I do nature & landscape stuff, so my home page "keywords" are my location and what I do, Landscape, Nature, Wildlife and Inspirational Photography. That's whats on my <title> element and I also use that on my <h1> tag too. I added some 'keywords' on my home page to let the customer what I do and where I photograph. Also adding those keywords is good for SEO.

Hope this makes sense. :er:

HereToThere, you're getting a lot closer, and it looks like you've figured out how to change your signature. But here area a couple things to consider: first off, Google will only see the first link to your site, so Google won't see the Western Mass Photographers. The way to fix this is to remove your first link completely from your signature. Also, is it realistic to think that people will search for Western Mass Photographers? What's more likely is that they will search for a photographer in their city. Just a thought.
If any of you guys need in depth help, I do SEO work on the side, and I'd be happy to help you out.

Craig, this is what Google sees when they look at your site:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>

<head>
<title>craigblankphoto.com</title>

</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://www.craigblankphotography.viewbook.com/portfolio/craigblankphotocom" frameborder="0" />
<frame frameborder="0" noresize />
</frameset>

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 06 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

IMO off site SEO would be sort of a waste of time since they will not send people to a site without content (when viewed from page source).

Okay I have made a couple of changes. I changes our home page title so that now it comes up with a better descriptor. I am also going to work on titles for the individual pages. if I understand right that should help search engines pick them up. Like say a page contains a lighthouse picture. instead of the Title I may have given the photo I should title the page Lighthouse, or Nantucket lighthouse or something like that?

I have also changes my signature here. I see what you are saying about the title also being a description. I also see that some folks link to various pages on their website by using different descriptors and different URLs to link to.

Larissa. I'll respong here and keep this in one thread. i am not sure how the whole guaranteed nukber of hits thing works. It almost seemed like when a page was opened then the client's page would also load as a little side box. That doesn't seem very good to me as I find those things rather annoying whne I am using the web.

Thanks for your help. I may have more questions shortly.

Okay I have made a couple of changes. I changes our home page title so that now it comes up with a better descriptor. I am also going to work on titles for the individual pages. if I understand right that should help search engines pick them up. Like say a page contains a lighthouse picture. instead of the Title I may have given the photo I should title the page Lighthouse, or Nantucket lighthouse or something like that?

I have also changes my signature here. I see what you are saying about the title also being a description. I also see that some folks link to various pages on their website by using different descriptors and different URLs to link to.

Larissa. I'll respong here and keep this in one thread. i am not sure how the whole guaranteed nukber of hits thing works. It almost seemed like when a page was opened then the client's page would also load as a little side box. That doesn't seem very good to me as I find those things rather annoying whne I am using the web.

Thanks for your help. I may have more questions shortly.

Yes, each page should have it's own title element and description. Like this: Here to There Photography
I might say "Chartwork, Lighthouse...etc" and if you have time, I would add a short description of the print.

<html>

<head>

</head>
<frame src="http://www.craigblankphotography.viewbook.com/portfolio/craigblankphotocom" frameborder="0" />
</frameset>

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 06 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

IMO off site SEO would be sort of a waste of time since they will not send people to a site without content (when viewed from page source).

I completely agree that this is the problem. If you can pull the content outside of frames, Google should start to index you. Good catch Eco.

<html>

<head>

</head>
</frameset>

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 06 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

I completely agree that this is the problem. If you can pull the content outside of frames, Google should start to index you. Good catch Eco.

What does it all mean? The highlighted page is not found. Should I go to my GoDaddy preferences and change the url?

Love & Bass

How can we find out what Google sees when it looks at our site? I apologize - not as proficient with technology as I would like to be.

Ebook: Seo Guide for Photographers. Pm if interested.....
No I dont want your money.............seriously.

If anybody needs help pm me with your questions. I have spent way to much time researching this stuff.
:)

This is also a good place to go:

Website SEO Tool | Website Grader

Can you SSWWWWEEEETTTTT!!!!

Thanks a million.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back