Good Timer?

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Going out deep into the high desert over the 4th. Going to try and get some good star and Milky Way photos. Star trails etc...

I have the Yongnuo transmitters and receivers and they have never failed me.
Question is, they also make a timer for D700, and I'm wondering if anyone has used it? or if its any good? It going to be a necessity for the trip. Any other recommendation for timers? I don't want it to break the bank.

Also, anyone use the Photopills app?

When you say "Timer" what do you mean. Yongnuo makes a nice little remote-release / intervalometer. I have one and it works very well as an RF wireless remote release. The D700 has a very good built in intervalometer, so if you just want to shoot a given number of images at a regular interval, you can do that without any equipment.

Really? Yes intervalometer. I thought the built in was only for 1 exposure. Looks like I need to pick up the manual and actually read it.

Really? Yes intervalometer. I thought the built in was only for 1 exposure. Looks like I need to pick up the manual and actually read it.
That's the built-in self timer. The intervalometer is accessed through the software menus.

Manual Al Bundy.gif

Most reactions

Back