Good tripod?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by catweh00, Apr 20, 2005.

1. catweh00

catweh00 TPF Noob!

Hello,
    I need a good, sturdy tripod to handle wildlife photography with a 300mm f/2.8 lens (I dont have that, but just wishing). I know they are usually $150+++, but can anyone offer some good suggestions. What about Amvona? I heard they were nice, but cheaper than Bogen.
    Thx in advance,
    Craig

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know anything about Amvona, but I've been using a Bogen tripod for going on 8 years, and it's worth the money. I've dragged it through the woods and mountains, it's been dropped in lakes, used as a walking stick, stuffed into luggage, and generally mistreated, and it still holds my heaviest cameras solidly.

3. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

4. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Another one for bogen/manfrotto ( same company ). They are bomb proof.... which is also why you should consider a used one. Legs + head for around $100 should be obtainable if you search hard enough. I have two and I am totally happy with both. My 3011 pro legs with 3030 3-way head was found at a camera swap for $35. It was the older version without adjustable leg stop and twist locking mechanisms. Yeh... scratches... but who cares...