Goodbye for Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that if she'd taken his advice, she'd never have seen his advice.

Ok, I just lost it. :biglaugh: I think you are the only one that caught that.

Alright, I will stick around. I didn't want to leave anyway, I was just pretty insulted and thought all of a sudden that everyone thought everything I did was sh*t. But seeing that some of the people I thought were insulting me are encouraging me to stay, maybe I'm not lumped into this group of people that I assumed I was. I'm pretty hard on myself, but I really don't think I suck THAT bad :)

Sometimes it helps to walk away from TPF for a little while then come back.... let things cool off. Unfortunately, It is easy for people to insult a complete stranger on the internet but don't forget that it is also easy to ignore them.

I think that is very sad that you will allow someone else to run you off a forum. It's just a forum! people will say what they want. Yes, you can ignore them. And yes, that does not mean that they won't still say it, but who gives a crap?

That's better Lyncca..... breathe in.... breathe out.....

I'm pretty hard on myself, but I really don't think I suck THAT bad :)
You want evidence of indignation? I got a bit flustered here. It's not gotten any better btw, but after I spat the dummy out, I felt better. Maybe this is your turn. :hug::

AND WE WANT TO SEE SHOTS FROM YOUR D300!!!!!!!! :sexywink:

Lyncca....ya cant leave, cause Chiller will come find you. :lol::lol:

I have been thinking about something I was going to present in the Feedback section. Seems a lot of us here are hobby photogs, who sure, make a little $$ on the side but are not serious. Do I tell somebody who sees a photo of mine to get lost with that $20.00 bill, cause Im not a pro. Hell no. If somebody wants a photo of mine, and flashes $$$ in my face, I will sell it. Even if it was taken at the zoo. I can bet my neighbors wife that everyone on here has taken cash for something in their lives.
Anyways...Chiller had too much cake so he is rambling. But...what if we approached TPF and asked for a Hobby forum. Dang...we have a professional place, foundations of photography, and even a film section for those who like sniffing chemicals. I know there has already been a division of pro vs amateur, but maybe it is time to consider that. Sure there is just for fun, but a lot of hobby photogs dont take "snapshots". That way us hobby photogs would be out of the way of all the pros. What ya think...or should I be sleeping in my coffin right now. :greenpbl:

Don't they realise that photos taken at the zoo lack The Aura? Ignoramuses.

Chiller, you should be Prime Minister.

So Lyncca, that was quite the hiatus :)

Yea, I REALLY suck at holding grudges! It is a big problem of mine. I didn't expect everyone to be so sweet to me. I just wanted to thank those that had helped me so much before leaving. :heart:

But seeing that some of the people I thought were insulting me are encouraging me to stay, maybe I'm not lumped into this group of people that I assumed I was.
So, let's make a list......
Hertz
benhasajeep
SrBiscuit
bigalbest
kundalini - Hey, wait a sec.... that's me.... what did I do?
lockwood81
invisible
abraxas
JerryPH
rufus5150

Okay, so who do we torch? :greendev: Everyone that piped in afterwards is welcomed to join the fray.

Hertz
benhasajeep
SrBiscuit
bigalbest
lockwood81
invisible
abraxas
JerryPH
rufus5150

Okay, so who do we torch? :greendev: Everyone that piped in afterwards is welcomed to join the fray.

There was that many responses? My screen shows like, three.

If somebody wants a photo of mine, and flashes $$$ in my face, I will sell it.

No, no, no, Chiller! You're supposed to lecture them on the state of the 'art' and how, you, not being a full time photographer couldn't possibly sell your work, lest you and your foul ilk degrade the entire industry. If they insist, take the SLR and use it for what hobbyists should be using it for... not taking pictures, but beating these foul creatures about the head who actually want to buy something they like for a price they can bear. As they're sitting there, bleeding profusely with lens prints in their forehead, make sure you drop a few cards on them for when they wake up with the phone numbers of studio professionals who can do semi-nude, Dave Hill style wedding photos of zoo animals.

(And thusly, with few words, Rufus ensures his photos shall never be critiqued...)

There was that many responses? My screen shows like, three.

My boss just came to see what the hell I was laughing about so hysterically. :lol:

I'm leaving work now, but I will reply to the rest of you and PMs a bit later. Yall have totally changed my mood. Thank you :hugs:

Hertz
benhasajeep
SrBiscuit
bigalbest
lockwood81
invisible
abraxas
JerryPH
rufus5150

I was *SO* going to start slinging it for being left out... you dodged a bullet there. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back