Goodbye for Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long thread, haven't read most of the responses, but here's my two cents:

- compared to every other photo community on the internet, this is the friendliest one.

- I have been a member of many communities in the last ten years, and I'm peeved by "good-bye" threads... Why not just fade away?

In the end the OP decided to stay, now the thread is yet another punching bag.....

Alright, I will stick around.

Good!... honestly, you will always get people that think they know what they are talking about just because they sell photos or have had a few minor sucesses in thier photography career. To me, a noob with no experience or equipment can impress me, sometimes more than a pro with an all singing all dancing set up.... people can be idiots, just part of the joys of world wide internet forums!.... as others say, this is still one of the friendliest. ;)

Honestly I suggest you leave. I started posting on a few forums about a month ago to increase my web links and drive up my search engine rankings. Other than that I have seen absolutely no reason to waste time on any of the forums I have been reading.

Seriously this is a bad attidue and leaves me very unimpressed.
For a start you are wrong, to new photographers an internet forum can be a great source of info... i know many people who have learned alot and quickly from this very forum.
Second, admitting your only here for the web links puts you in the spammer/advertiser area... seeing as tho i ban anyone who is here mearly for advertising maybe you are suggesting i ban you?

... also, as you can see by all the people wanting Lyncca to stay, we have a good community here, if you dont want to be part of an internet community, dont post here.

:roll:

I agree that this is one of the friendliest forums on the web and that is why I continue to post here, with the aim of helping other photographers in the same way that I have been helped in the past.

Don't take it too hard, Lyncca. Happens to me all the time. Just ask Helen.

Why drag me into this? What is your problem? If you have a genuine problem then deal with it, don't go round telling tales.

Best,
Helen

Last edited:
I am quite shocked that this forum can be viewed as negative. I was on another where there were no limits on what was said and it typically reduced to name calling and personal insults. I came here to get away from that drama and learn something. I am intimidated by the work posted here but hope to gain valuable tips that will make me better.

Good luck.

... Alright, I will stick around. I didn't want to leave anyway ....

It didn't take much to change your mind. I have to agree with others here who think these Swan Songs are rather lame. When I read your first post, I thought, that's rather sad, but I wonder how many times she'll reply to this. I don't have a problem with you or your work but I do get turned off with posts like this. I think this is a symptom of a larger problem of the forum. People come here for ego strokes and then get offended when they don't come. One of the more interesting replies I've received lately to one of my images was "What a great picture...I can't think of a single bad thing to say about it". When you ask for critique, don't be surprised when you get it, b/c many look for what's wrong, instead of tripping over themselves to tell you how great it is. The whole Pro, Am, hobbyist thing is just ridiculous here. Does it really matter if you post an image for a critique if you were paid for it or not. There's much more that could be said, but it will just keep this thread growing and garnering more attention.

OK FOR THE LAST TIME.... THIS WAS NEVER ABOUT GETTING CRITIQUED OR EGO STROKING!

There. Ok, other than that, I think the point of this thread was lost long ago.

I have to agree with others here who think these Swan Songs are rather lame.

Well, the part I love is that while you think I am lame and think I should just go away, you bother to take the time to write something nasty about it, instead of just clicking that little "BACK" button.

I would rather be lame than an asshole that needs to make such comments to others.

Everyone else, I will PM individually, because I see no reason to continue this publicly.

ok ok... as mentioned before this is what the ignore button is for!
This thread has run its course now i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back