Goodbye Samsung NX

WOW!!!! So, who saw that coming? Great job of dPreview touting Samsung products as yearly award winners last week! This is something I guess that can happen when you buy cameras and lenses at inflated prices from...a microwave oven and smartphone maker...

Reactions: Ido
That's a shame. That nx1 seemed like a fantastic bit of kit. That 50-150 f2.8 lens is something I'd like Nikon to make.

If you invested heavily here you'd be badly put out

This is really surprising to me....I mean WTH!!!! Samsung is just abandoning their NX series, entirely? And after all that smack-talking they did about how they were "Developing" the lenses for the NX-1? Ohhhhh, man, if I had bought an NX-1 and suddenly found out I was the owner of a now-orphaned, one-model camera series, I would be supremely pissed off!

It's true that Samsung's very own camera site has not been updated in months... Home

I still want to hear/read confirmation of this from a larger source, like c-Net or dPreview,etc..

Read yesterday that the rumour is just that. Hopefully the case for buyers that exist and to see the interesting way Samsung push the specs

Well someone else can feel like Canon FD owners, Olympus 4/3 owners, and real metal camera owners everywhere. I digress!

Why Olympus ? Panasonic hasnt yet said they'll leave the 4/3 system behind.

Panasonic and Olympus now make micro 4/3 cameras. 4/3 is a different mount, same size sensor

Looks like I will need to buy a Nikon that I can mount my AIS lenses on, and slowly build up with AF lenses. Really hate to put more money into the Olympus system with my body being 7 years old.

Panasonic and Olympus now make micro 4/3 cameras. 4/3 is a different mount, same size sensor
Oooh that one !

Yeah, ok.

Olympus is now also discussing leaving MFT as well, though. In fact leaving the whole photography market.

Yes, it is really sad because they have some really nice glass.

Thanks for posting. I'll have to keep an eye on this. They really need to debunk this if it isn't true because the rumors will hurt sales.

I have a Samsung NX500 and a handful of lenses. I've never intended to get too heavily invested so this isn't that big a deal to me, but it is sad because Samsung's NX products are really high quality, even the cheap stuff I have beats most of what I've ever had from other makers. Its just crazy that they could come out with a camera like the NX500 one day--currently tied for all time top dog in APS-C image quality, per DXOMark--and then shut down. That makes this hard to believe.

They officially discontinued NX1 for Europe.

With the weirdest reason: there would already be better products out.

Err... which products ? And why do these products only exist in Europe ?

Apparently they dont actually shut down their whole camera business yet, though.

Samsung makes it official: Camera business is done in Germany.

19. November 2015
In Deutschland beobachten wir seit längerer Zeit einen allmählichen Rückgang der Nachfrage nach Digitalkameras, Camcordern und entsprechendem Zubehör. Wir müssen uns den Anforderungen des Marktes anpassen und haben uns daher entschlossen, Verkauf und Marketing dieser Produkte schrittweise auslaufen zu lassen. Hierbei handelt es sich um eine Entscheidung, die nur den deutschen Markt betrifft.
In germany we witness for some time now a constant decline of demand for digital cameras, camcorders and accessories. We have to adapt to the conditions of the market and thus descided to gradually discontinue selling and marketing these products. This descision is exclusive for germany.
Uh-hu.

Most reactions

Back