Goodbye Samsung NX

No more Samsung NX in UK either.

Its kind of funny really. Like Samsung tries to remove themselves from the camera market country by country ... to archieve what exactly ?

Thom Hogans article isnt wrong, but the issue is that I'm not really interested in APS-C, quite frankly the glas offers for Fuji X would be superior, and WiFi is nice to have - but no prime priority.

And a 16 Megapixel sensor is no issue to me. Wouldnt be for full frame, either.

This seems to be cyclical. Anyone remember their ill-fated film SLRs that were also taken behind the barn and shot?

I saw Nikon just acquired all of Samsung's mirrorless technology. That could be interesting if Nikon really wants to take on Sony.

I saw Nikon just acquired all of Samsung's mirrorless technology. That could be interesting if Nikon really wants to take on Sony.
So far as I've seen it's still just a rumor. However it would make a lot of sense considering what's going on right now. It would also shed a bit of light on the rumored acquisition overtures Canon made towards Sigma.

The "new stuff in the pipeline" could just have been a dog and pony show as they may have been searching for someone to buy the group.

What's worth more ... a camera division that is dying, or one that is coming out with new innovative products ?

And the past Rumor about Nikon looking at Samsung. Maybe Nikon was looking at Samsung, but didn't see much there to acquire them after an acquisition audit. Thus the end of the Samsung dog and pony show.

Just selling inventories then
You would think they would rather brand the cameras under a different name if it was a profitable venture for them.

Most reactions

Back