Goodwood Festival of Speed

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by TamiyaGuy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. TamiyaGuy

TamiyaGuy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A few weeks ago, my dad & I took a trip to the Goodwood Festival of Speed, a celebration of all typed of cars, past and present. So I thought you'd all like to see some of my best shots taken there :D.

Our first location was the Forest rally stage, a 2-mile dirt track. We decided to hole up for a little at the specified jump. This was one of my favourites, the classic rally car, an Audi Quattro, going at it like a bull in a china shop :p.
    ISO 400, 1/1000, f/5.6, 200mm lens.
    [​IMG]

After that, we headed to the technology centre, a showcase for prototypes and concepts. Not much came of this because of the crowds, but I quite like this, the Ford Iosis Max. Just look at that speedo!
    1/25, f/3.5, 18mm.
    [​IMG]

On our way to our next planned "stop", we came across the hillclimb track, giving me a chance to try out my (pretty poor) panning skills.
    1/320, f/8, 72mm.
    [​IMG]

One of the final shots of the day was of these three Mercedes Mclaren SL's. I really wanted to focus on the distinctive noses of the unmistakable Merc's.
    1/250, f/13, 55mm.
    [​IMG]

Finally, looking back, I saw these three Toyotas lined up perfectly, each car poking out of the previous one. I absolutely loved it, and I used a wide aperture to blow the ugly background out of focus.
    1/800, f/2.8, 90mm.
    [​IMG]

Well, I hope you enjoyed them all and, as always, C&C is appreciated. Thanks for looking! :D

2. mylo

mylo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    WOW! What a festival! Great job for picture 1. Wish I was there...nice collection of fancy cars.

3. boogschd

boogschd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    damn that looks fun

about the toyota .. is it me or the first ones hood is really dented?

looks squished or something (idk what model it is so meh :D)

4. TamiyaGuy

TamiyaGuy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Argh, sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for that, Mylo! Yeah, I got pretty lucky with that photo. It's remarkable, when you saw it, the cars only seemed to get 3 inches off the ground, max. But when I took a photo, damn. Some of the drivers were complete nutters ;).

To Boog: Thanks again :D. I'm not sure if the Toyota... Corolla?'s hood was dented or not, that might just be the styling.

Thanks for the comments!

5. Al-Wazeer

Al-Wazeer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Beautiful cars... and beautiful pictures! last picture is great and the SLR's picture is great too, they're both considered as the best in this thread,it doesn't mean that the rest aren't nice though!