KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Gore Canyon is only accessible by train or whitewater raft.
These were shot last month, October, with the Colorado river low and slow.
In the Spring some of the rapids in Gore Canyon are expert level Grade V rapids.

_DSC0027GoreEntry.jpg
_DSC0028GoreTunnel.jpg

On the other side of the tunnel.
_DSC0032GoreMiddle.jpg

Deeper into the canyon. After this the canyon walls got so close together the river was in deep shadow and I couldn't good exposures.
_DSC0030LowerGoreCanyon.jpg

Very nice, I bet after a snowfall this is gorgeous!

I like your pics.

This Canyon looks good, it should definately add it to my next USA travel. Thanks

Very nice, I bet after a snowfall this is gorgeous!
I've been on Amtrak's California Zephyr in the Spring, Summer, and Fall now and intend to ride in Winter the next time. Likely the Winter of '18.

I like your pics.
This Canyon looks good, it should definately add it to my next USA travel. Thanks
Gore Canyon isn't very long, about 3 miles, but the train has to go through there pretty slow because it's fairly steep, for a train, downgrade heading west, and an upgrade heading east.

Between Fraser, CO and the Utah border the California Zephyr goes through several canyons.
From east to west the train goes through Fraser Canyon following the Fraser River.
About 2 miles west of the stop in Granby, CO the Fraser River joins the Colorado River and the train follows the Colorado for about 250 miles.

After Hot Sulphur Springs, CO the train goes through Byers Canyon.
Gore Canyon is next, then Red Canyon, though Red Canyon is not as deep or rugged as Gore Canyon.
The next canyon is Glenwood Canyon, which is deep and very scenic. After Glenwood Springs the train drops below the forest.
Between De Beque, CO and Palisades, CO is De Beque Canyon and after Grand Junction the train goes through the pictuesque Ruby Canyon.

Most reactions

Back