Gorgeous eyes inside...

theluckyone3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a photo I took of my (then) 4 year old son with my D70. Comments/critique welcome. :)

Aidanseyes-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nobody thinks my son has gorgeous eyes? :(

I do think so, but I think your post processing is extremely flat and takes away. I would show you what I think looks better, but you do not allow editing.

Of course he does! :D
It's the weekend and not many would be glued to their computer.

It hasn't been post processed. I don't know how to do that. I do have Photoshop, but I don't know much about using it. I can switch so that my photos can be edited and you can have at it. Thanks. :heart:

The_Traveler, I'm not sure what to make of your contribution to this thread. Way to welcome a new member of this forum! I'll be sure to remember you and your kindness. ;)

I hope this inspires you to learn your way around photoshop :) I paid 500 dollars for my version... there was no way I was gonna pay half of a thousand dollars and not learn how to use it! Scott Kelby's Photoshop CS2 book is AMAZING. Tutorials online are also very helpful.

I'll tell you what I did, its your job to understand it ;)

1. I added a gradiant map layer (that gave more tones to the b/w)
2. I screened the eyes alone with an additional layer, this made them sparkle more and enhanced them.
3. I added some simple contrast
4. I sharpened for the web
5. Added a border :)
6. Went back and converted to RGB mode to change the tones of the b/w- took out a little blue and made it a little warmer.
7. Went back into curve and gave it a slight S curve for more contrast.

Nice imagine, the conversion just didn't do it justice. I used to think making something b/w was as easy as pressing (desaturate). Oh my... did I have a lot to learn! :) Ps. It does look a little pixelated on the noise- did you shoot with a P and S camera?

674e68o.png

Wow! Thank you! What a difference!

No, it wasn't a point and shoot, it was a D70, I'm just not very good..lol. I have a LOT to learn!

I actually have the photoshop book, by Scott Kelby. I have 3 kids ages 5 and under, so my free time is almost non-existant. I do hope to learn PS someday and yes, you have helped to inspire me. Thank you. :heart:

I'm going to send you a PM, so make sure you check for it :)

Well you started out with a great photo and yes he does have beautiful eyes. I love the edit too.

And I didn't see what the Traveler said so I won't defend him necessarily but I imagine it has to do with a critique he may have given. I will say that he is very honest and sometimes it can be rough but he's also very willing to help anyone learn. I haven't ever seen him get personal. But more.. technical.

Anyhow. You have joined with a photograph that is MUCH better than anything I posted when I joined here and I've learned a LOT from the people here and had fun doing it. WELCOME.

I hate that the b&w was not done pp. I think this would be beautiful in color. However it is still a nice capture and looks like there's a sweet boy behind those eyes!

You know, come to think of it, it was a color photo to begin with. I have a program called Microsoft PictureIt and I changed it to b&w there. I also cropped it some. That's about the extent of my post processing skills.

Anyway, here's the color photo:

DSC_0897.jpg

I prefer the black and white- hands down :) I love the moody look.

I have Picture It on my computer too, so I used that and played with the contrast and lighting.

practicepic.jpg

It cut the red out of the face a little bit, but made it look more pixilated. There's not a whole lot you can do with Picture It, but it does have a feature or too.

Most reactions

Back