Gorgeous Family.. and a beat up old truck!

Love them! It's nice to be able to barter with another photog when you enjoy each other's styles. location is gorgeous and the family looks great! The last is my favorite.

I really like the light and background in these. Very vibrant without being too overpowering.

The shadows in the first image seem a bit high, especially on the mountains. I'd probably bring them down just a bit.

I really like the light and background in these. Very vibrant without being too overpowering.

The shadows in the first image seem a bit high, especially on the mountains. I'd probably bring them down just a bit.

Good call! I'll see what I can do about the mountains.

Thank you!

Love them! Really nice set, excellent exposure, nice control of shadows/highlights, and I love the framing/posing.

CBC_6187.jpg another.. playing with a b&w.

Yes, all four individuals are very good-looking. Great location, good wardrobe, cool old truck. Arizona has beautiful light...things here are now switching to dull, rainy, gray, temps in the 50's. About f/4 at 1/100 second at ISO 640...and that's at NOON!

Yes, all four individuals are very good-looking. Great location, good wardrobe, cool old truck. Arizona has beautiful light...things here are now switching to dull, rainy, gray, temps in the 50's. About f/4 at 1/100 second at ISO 640...and that's at NOON!

lol so I won't tell you about how the temp on my car was reading 98 on the way to this session? I was at f/4 ish and like 1/200 ISO 320 for most of the session til we started losing light. last shots were taken at ISO 1000 right around 6pm.

It is soooooooo nice that these newer, full-frame Nikons actually make usable images at ISO 1,000, even in marginal light at the end of the day. Back in the early 2000's, the d-slr camera of that era had pretty substantial noise at as low as ISO 400...now ISO 1,000 is actually usable!! We're so fortunate to have such great equipment to shoot with. In a way, I kind of like the look of the higher ISO values--sort of looks like older, color negative film that I grew up with--good detail, yes, but not soooooo uber-sharp that every hair, every pore, every little defect looks like a mountain!

Some of the wedding shots I shared recently were shot at ISO 1600 at the end of the evening. lol They are definitely into grainy zone somewhat but were usable for sure!

I agree with John, that truck photo is excellent! They are all great. Well done!

Most reactions

Back