Gorgeous Girl; Senior Shoot

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandraleephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm in the middle of editing a senior shoot, but before I continue I'd like some CC.

1. I've learned that bringing bubbles on a shoot, always results in at least one fun picture
2620044696_84e21432cf_o.jpg

2. Her chin seems a bit odd here, but I adore her laugh

2620044690_4c74cc4556_o.jpg

3. My first time really setting up a hair light, I think it looks good!
2620044694_b3e1b8d23e_o.jpg

#1 is a fun shot and i like it.

#2 i am not a fan of her chin and what that angle does to it. Try removing the shadow underneath it and see if that removes some of the definition?

#3 beautiful! I do feel your hair light is a little bit behind givimg more of a backlight effect though. But i relly love the shot

overall, great work i think

I LOVE these! Yes, in no. 2 her chin does look a bit off, but its still a great shot. Almost like you can hear her laughing....I really like your post processing, what did you do?

Can't wait to see more!

Great job on the hair light , it really takes the portrait to a higher level.:thumbup:

I like #3. I'm not a huge fan of the way you've post processed 1 and 2. The skintone seems uneven and the blacks looked clipped in her hair and nostril. Did you run portraiture? I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that I don't like about her skin, it could be a few things-
portraiture or noiseware (whatever technique you used) was used too heavily
or
the contrast is too high
or
she is not "warmed" up enough and is appearing a little pale.

Also, her hair has blue tints.. is that in real life or a color cast?

Either way, all 3 are nice, 1 and 2 don't personally do it for me. 3 is very nicely done.

i agree that one and two look to 'done'. i also do not like the pose on 2. 3 however is great. nice color, pose and the hair light really works here

C&C per req:
1. A neat idea, I like the bubbles! Overall the exposure is a bit extreme for my tastes; the highlights on the face are over-bright, and the hair and inner wrist areas too dark.
2. Agree with the comment about the chin, and as per 1 on exposure.
3. Very nicely done, excellent work on the eyes, but maybe just a little too soft?
Overall some realy nice work, but I think a large diffuser, and a couple of small reflectors would have really taken things to the next level.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

I did a kubota action; xprocess 1 at about half opacity on one and two. No noiseware or portraiture on 1 and 2, #3 has portraiture done.

thanks for all your C&C :)

1 is funny. I like bubbles too. I don't really like 2. I don't think it's your shot as much as the shape of her face. Nothing wrong with it just doesnt' seem flattering to me. Number 3 is classic and perfect.

Most reactions

Back