Gorillapod

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by wesd, Mar 2, 2007.

1. wesd

wesd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have seen these in the potm a couple of times, anf i have never seen them before. I was woundering are they really worth anything, or are they just clever marketing? Does anyone actualy have expirance seing them?
    Wes

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've never seen one in person, but I've heard good things about them. Just be sure to get one that is big/strong enough for your camera/lens.

Another option for something to attach to random things would be a super-clamp and a 'magic arm'.

3. blooper

blooper TPF Noob!

my friend has one. im not that impressed with it. it looks like a stress toy or something. the way it works is that its a bunch of socket joints attatch in a chain with rubber rings around them to create the grip. i dont think its anythign more than a novelty item. it be foolish to depend on a piece of plastic to grip your camera on a tree branch. i wouldnt suggest it since if you can reach the spot youre mounting your camera on, you might as well take hte picture on your own.

4. wesd

wesd TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thats what I figured I was just courious because it was on the potm a couple of times, but didnt really look like it was worth much more than a liability to my camera. thanks guys.
    Wes

5. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    I think it looks like a good concept. I know I would enjoy one. However, I don't have any experience with the product either. Maybe some of our Challenge winners will have something to say. I'm interested in what they think.

6. avcabob

avcabob TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A friend of mine has one of the smaller one. It actually is pretty cool for when you would need a mini tripod, like a group picture taken with a timer or something like that. It really can be attached to just about anything. But the small one defiantly can't support anything more then a P&S. I remember hearing about bigger ones that supposedly could handle an SLR, and with a light enough lens, it probably could, but I don't have any experience with those.

7. smyth

smyth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i saw one of these things, and they look cool, but I don't think i'd ever buy one. I'll just stick to my mini tripod that I bought at Wal-Mart for ten bucks in regards to a small lightweight alternative to a full size tripod, or a monopod.