Got a deal on Muslin

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife gave me a coupon for jo ann fabric yesterday for 50% off any one purchase. I picked up a piece of white muslin 9feet wide by 30 feet long for $50. the wife stitched the edges for me and viola! a nice long background for relatively cheap. Just wanted to tell someone who would appreciate it as much as me. :D

Ohh! Very cool! Muslin is always so expensive in larger sizes, a 50% off is always appreciated.

I just did a google on the company and found this:

http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2005/12/jo-ann-coupons.html

Keep your eyes open for little things like this... its not a 50% but a range of 25-40% discounts are sometimes found right here. :)

So is that muslin staying white or are you going to colourize it?

Ohh! Very cool! Muslin is always so expensive in larger sizes, a 50% off is always appreciated.

I just did a google on the company and found this:

http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2005/12/jo-ann-coupons.html

Keep your eyes open for little things like this... its not a 50% but a range of 25-40% discounts are sometimes found right here. :)

So is that muslin staying white or are you going to colourize it?

I think I'm going to keep this piece white. I may however go get my moms coupon she got in her paper and get another piece to do some color on. Thanks for the link by the way.

There was a printable coupon good through the 26th for 40% off that I recently used to do this same thing. I went with a gray and blue background and now am considering something in brown, but have not been able to find a new coupon yet. I will check this weeks paper.

If you do decide to dye it, you will find lits of resources but I think the look I like best comes from here.

There was a printable coupon good through the 26th for 40% off that I recently used to do this same thing. I went with a gray and blue background and now am considering something in brown, but have not been able to find a new coupon yet. I will check this weeks paper.

If you do decide to dye it, you will find lits of resources but I think the look I like best comes from here.

great link! I will have to try that technique.

I always go in and look for similar deals. My fiance is great at sowing and she makes my backgrounds as well. It's better than waiting for shipping and hoping that what you saw is what you are getting...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back