Got a headache yet?

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering how often everyone here gets headaches and I'd love to do a poll on this but I've got no idea how to do that. I'm interested because I suffer from headaches a lot and strange visual problems as well that no one can figure out.

So how often do you get a headache?
once a day, a few times a week, a few times a month, a few times a year etc...
And how strong is it -- like do you buckle over in pain or just go 'damn ive got a headache' ??

I usually get a headache at least once a day varying from mild to ARGH I have to go lie down!! I used to get horribly agonising migraines when I was a bit younger but thank god I haven't had one of those for a few years now. (knock on wood).
Ah well, it'll be interesting to see what the rest of you are like? he he.

i get migraines monthly almost.

i cant take anything stronger than ibuprofin either due to other problems.

my headaches will start in one side of my head and feel like lightning....

im sorry to hear you are the same. have you had a cat scan?

md

I get headaches, I wouldn't say that it's on a regular basis but it seems to be more often than most people I know.

I also used to get migraines when I was little...the kind of headache that makes you puke and the only relief is to hide in a dark room with a pillow up against your face...

Most often now it's sinus pain and related headaches. I have a good one today.

On a side note, I had a professor who said that he had never had a headache his hole life (60+ years). A few months after I graduated, he dropped dead.

Nah no cat scan yet. I went to the Opthalmologist a few years ago complaining about 'blind spots' that I had all the time (still do sometimes) and they weren't that bad but they're right where I need to look to read. So I had trouble reading. Anyway, they ran all sorts of glaucoma tests and other degenerative eye disease tests but they didn't find anything and said it's all in my head blah blah blah. But yeah so I just gave up and stopped worrying about it even though it still bugs me.

So I googled up some migraine research and actually found out about Occular Migraines... which might explain my weird semi-permanent 'blind spots'. Because they're just like the visual aura I used to get with my migraines. Anyway, an occular migraine is just like an aural migraine but without the pain! Yay - tripped out visuals with no pain! he he he... but it's not that fun when I'm trying to read and I have difficulty. *sob*

btw that really sucks about having migraines every month. I know how you feel! Mine were so bad I would be so tripped out from my visual auras and then I'd be hearing things and seeing things and throwing up and speaking crazy. Strange things they are.

My wife(who is a nurse) gets the headaches with eye problems. It has been diagnosed as migraines. So maybe it is just another form of migraine you are getting.

I seem to be hypersensitive to barometric pressures, so on any given day that there is a change in the weather, I will have a sinus headache, it isn't that far from a migraine imo.

yeah, tell me about it. im really sorry to hear about the blind spots.

mine are never severe enough to affect my vision, but they are enough to knock me out for the rest of the day.

you should see someone about a catscan or an MRI.

md

Yeah I've actually thought about getting a catscan done but I'm not sure the side effects of the scan are worth it. Did you know that for every 600 people that get a catscan, 1 person will develop cancer from the actual scan itself. btw that's not an urban myth I read it in a medical journal somewhere. And well those odds don't seem very good for me at the moment so I'll hang on a bit until it gets worse.

Meysha said:
Yeah I've actually thought about getting a catscan done but I'm not sure the side effects of the scan are worth it. Did you know that for every 600 people that get a catscan, 1 person will develop cancer from the actual scan itself. btw that's not an urban myth I read it in a medical journal somewhere. And well those odds don't seem very good for me at the moment so I'll hang on a bit until it gets worse.

If I may suggest a noninvasive treatment with almost zero risk:

Seek chiropractic care. There is documented research showing that chiropractic is more effective than drugs at reducing (and eliminating) headaches, both sinus and migraines.

I know you've probably got a "chiropractic is from the devil" story--everyone does--most of these stories were propagated by the AMA (American Medical Association). They've paid chiropractic 80 million dollars as a result of this documented campaign.

Hope that you find relief.

Meysha said:

im probably going to keel over tomorrow then :):)

i have had numerous problems that require scans and MRI's.

oh well, it was a hell of a life. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I used to get similiar headaches to these mentioned. I would have about 2-8 headaches a day, all lasting between 5 minutes to an hour or more. They are actually more than the severity of migraines, but don't make you feel sick. I did however lose my sight on occasion, and the majority of the time while playing soccer which sucked. Had loads of testing done, tried loads of different meds and nothing helped at all. I finally was getting a bit of relief when my neurologist found that I had back problems...turns out I had a ruptured disk, degenerative disease, and spinal stenosis where you lose feeling in your leg and can't walk for more than a minute. Had back surgery in Nov. 2003 and haven't had a headache since :thumbup: :thumbup: I was actually diagnosed with CPH a rare form of cluster headaches, but it seems they are gone and don't know if it was the surgery or if they just disappeared. Glad they're not around anymore though :)

Hope that you can figure things out with yours...this whole process I went through took about 4 years. A long road no one should have to go down...

I get migranes that I don't always get pain with on an average of every two week and this is very under control, I used to get them almost every two days. I have realized that I am sensitive to chemicals, cleaner, perfumes, paints ( if I was to stand in a room while someone cleaned the floor with Mr.Clean, I would have a mirgane before I left it) any type of artificial sugar and MSG and BHT (all instant migranes). I also try to take advil migraine or actually 3 at the first signs , blind spots, floaters, light flashes, and my tongue and hands go numb, i can't cancentrate of communicate very well. I'v had all of the test MRI ect and visited the nurologist and they say it's just migranes, they run in my family. Does anyone in your family experience migranes.

I had similar migraines when I was in my teens and at that time they'd put me out of action for the rest of the day but I get them very rarely nowadays and even then they're not incapacitating.
It sounds as though we get similar symptoms, they start with the blank patches in vision (not white patches but just areas where you can't see) and if you close your eyes you can see circles with jagged, rainbow colored edges.
When that goes away is when the pain starts.
I found that certain acidic foods like plums would sometimes trigger an attack but mostly it was stress and lack of sleep related.
Never did find anything that helped apart from the usual dark, quiet room and rest.

I've go through periods of times where I have problems with really bad tension headaches..to the point where I feel like I'm going to throw up....I think mine were largely stress though..I don't have them nearly as bad or as often as I used to .

When at school I used to have horrible migraines about once a month. I'd lose my sight (a swirly spot in the corner which grew bigger and covered up my entire field of vision rendering me almost blind) and both hands would go numb. I made a girl test that by letting her dig her nails into my hands. She stopped when she saw blood... I had to go home, take some pain killers and then go to sleep. I could just about drift off but then the horrible pain would come on and all I could do was toss about and moan. It'd last a few hours and then wear off a bit. I'd still have a headache and wouldn't feel normal for a few days.

When I left school they seemed to stop. I've had one or two since then. For the last I went down to the doctors again and they FINALLY gave me some proper tablets. I've not used them yet and hope never to. Worse than losing your sight, feeling in your hands and the terrible pain is knowing it's all about to happen. I think anyway.

I get headaches now and then. A little while ago I was getting one almost every day during the afternoon.

What's happening to you sounds very serious though. You need to get checked out.

I used to get migranes that were so bad that I was incapacitated. I couldn't even think enought to breathe. One day, I was at work when one came on and I put my head down on a washcloth that I had used to clean up some ice. Strangly enough, the headache was gone. To make a long story short, one of the nerves in my jaw was being pinched by my wisdom teeth and was causing major headaches. So, if you still have your wisdom teeth, you could try that as well..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back