Was I right in my decision, or could I have done the shoot?

• You should have taken the offer, and then have seen if it was legal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You should have done more research and then if it was 100% legal, you should have done the shoot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Buying your first camera and offering to take other people's pictures was my first red flag.

I can't think of a single father of an underage daughter who would allow her to be photographed in lingerie by a stranger off the internet.

Way too many red flags here, you definitely made the right choice!

Unless "boudoir" photography is a field you're going to seriously get in to and research vigorously- forget it. There are TONS of gigs out there, you don't have to take them all. I don't use Craigslist for anything anymore - it's become a festering cesspool of crazy.

You're on the right track with the Facebook page for advertising; you can do quite a bit with it and reach a much wider (and more targeted) audience!

I don't use Craigslist for anything anymore - it's become a festering cesspool of crazy.
Let's get that chiseled into stone.

Again, he said that they would be "senior styled" not that they would specifically be senior photos to be used in a yearbook. The photos could have just been a portrait style. Furthermore, I was probably excited about getting my first potential client, that I didn't add all of the details up until later. And after realising the true kind of photos this person wanted, and then the model's age, that I was put off by it. Which resulted in me saying no, to the offer. Also You can still be an adult in high school, I was 18, making me an adult, during my senior year.

I'll just have to be more selective when it comes to accepting shoots! But I really do appreciate everyone's input here.

Most reactions

Back