Got any tips for moving time lapse?

Yes, very taxing to move the camera. Would you move a camera 10 centimeters to take 3 bracket shots for over 5 hours? The video at 2:37 mark was made that way. Read the comments to get an idea on how he made this video.

The 4k version:

Just today alone i did two and a half of those. I've been at this for like a week long now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might just be easier to take video, then edit out every 4 of 5 frames .. stuff like that.
I did that before, a long time ago. Creates neat effects. Like those horror movies when you have a dead person make those weird blocky movements.

yes, put a video camera on a chicken :thumbup:

Right now i'm trying to figure out how the heck after effects cs6 works, here is the first one i managed to somehow crank out:

Try panolapse software. You shoot the scene wide and then you can pan across a cropped portion of it in the software. Because it has perspective correction it look quite realistic, and it's a hell of a lot easier then moving the camera between each shot.

Right now i'm trying to figure out how the heck after effects cs6 works, here is the first one i managed to somehow crank out:

I thought you were moving the camera...

Looks like you are off to a great start in AE. The YouTube settings largest amount is 480pfor your video. What size are your photos? I usually shoot JPEG Medium 3456x2304 which gives me ample room to pan and zoom in a 720p Comp.

In AE:
Bring in your photos as a sequence.
Place that sequence in a new Comp 720p that is 2x or 3x longer in time than your photo sequence.
To make the timelapse longer, enable Time Remapping on the layer. Stretch the layer out to the right. Move the ending keyframe right to the desired length to slow down.
Keyframe Position and Scale (F9 for easy ease in and out).

After Effects is a great program for time-lapses. Very easy and fast to bring in a photo sequence. I place all the photos in their own folder. When you bring in as a sequence you only have to select the first photo.

Last edited:
here is a hyperlapse tut i think this is what the question was about

Most reactions

New Topics

Back