got camera, no physical manual

jarg007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so I just received my Nikon D3300 but there was no physical manual only a cd. is this the norm? I was looking forward to reading the physical manual but it is not present wtf.

so I just received my Nikon D3300 but there was no physical manual only a cd. is this the norm? I was looking forward to reading the physical manual but it is not present wtf.

Yipes! I thought you didn't want to read the manual!!!

It's available on line at the Nikon site. You can contact Nikon and request a hard copy if you prefer.

Yep. No hard copy users manual with Nikon's entry-level D3x00 and D5x00 cameras.
Because so few people that buy Nikon's entry-level cameras read the user manual, Nikon elected to put it on the software disc as a PDF file.

The president of Nikon USA is a forum member; he took note of your wish to not read the manual and removed it from the box so as not to tempt you.

He should have removed the camera and left the manual in. :allteeth:

.. is this the norm?
Yes, as of a few years ago. I received a (soft back) hard copy with mine.

Got a printer?

And paper?

And ink?

I think we'd all better get used to this. A lot of products are doing this now.

They'll have to go to copies in .pdf from the Internet pretty soon since hardly any laptops have CD/DVD drives in them anymore.
They could put it all on a Memory Card since a lot of laptops have card readers. That could be a selling point - comes with free Memory Card!!!!

Why not just put a .PDF reader in the camera?
CalvinHuh.gif

Well, not the WHOLE THING, silly!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back