Got kids?

Got Kids?

• Total voters
AlisonS said:
errant_star said:
ferny said:
errant_star said:
I have 2 boys ... the oldest will be 5 on wednesday and the next is 6 1/2 months

I'd still like to have a little girl and would thusly be willing to try up to two more times :D After that if I dont have a girl I'm just out of luck!
You're joking? You only look 19.

I'll be 25 on the 30th of this month ... I was almost 20 when my oldest boy was born ... most people think I'm 18 so don't feel bad .. looking younger will be a blessing when I'm 40 I'm sure :D

I understand that! I was 20 when my first son was born. I often got mistaken as an older sister or the baby sitter :roll: I think there are benefits to having children at any age, but I do enjoy that I am still young and have lots of energy to chase after them :D

Heh, you don't need energy... Children's Chewable Valium... My friends think I'm nuts but I think it would be a big seller

AlisonS said:
errant_star said:
ferny said:
errant_star said:
I have 2 boys ... the oldest will be 5 on wednesday and the next is 6 1/2 months

I'd still like to have a little girl and would thusly be willing to try up to two more times :D After that if I dont have a girl I'm just out of luck!

I'll be 25 on the 30th of this month ... I was almost 20 when my oldest boy was born ... most people think I'm 18 so don't feel bad .. looking younger will be a blessing when I'm 40 I'm sure :D

I understand that! I was 20 when my first son was born. I often got mistaken as an older sister or the baby sitter :roll: I think there are benefits to having children at any age, but I do enjoy that I am still young and have lots of energy to chase after them :D
If I don't have kids before I'm 30 I'll probably not have them. I don't want to turn round to him or her and say "sorry, to tired to play".

ferny said:
AlisonS said:
errant_star said:
ferny said:
errant_star said:

If I don't have kids before I'm 30 I'll probably not have them. I don't want to turn round to him or her and say "sorry, to tired to play".

As Alison said there are benefits to children at any age .. for example my mom had me when she was 37 and i don't have nearly as much patience as she did but I have more fun playing with Liam and can relate better to him than my mother could to me. Plus I have an excuse to watch cartoons! :D

Seriously though I wouldn't hold myself back from having children past 30 - it's an undescribable, life changing event and I'm sure you'd find the energy to race dinky cars or build forts or read stories because its so rewarding and you get soooo much back from them!

My mum had me when she was 38 and my dad was either 36 or 37 depending on his mood. A constant reply from my dad was "I'm too tired" but my mum played now and again when she could. I'm not just talking about when you're little, but when you're older to. I want to be able to play football or netball or whatever they like.
It's just a personal preference based on my own experiences. Of course, it'll probably change if I haven't got kids when I'm 29.

I know what thats like, my Dads the same...but hey I got great parents.

Now someone....Ferny!!! protect me from scott, he wants to turn me into a Taco or Chewing gum!

Scott WRG Editor said:
Artemis said:
I know what thats like, my Dads the same...but hey I got great parents.

Now someone....Ferny!!! protect me from scott, he wants to turn me into a Taco or Chewing gum!

The new and improved Chewy Artaco!

ARRRGGHHHHHHHH!

*runs behind Ferny*
Sick him

*Runs away from Ferny after learning Ferny is trying to buy the gum, and hides behind Terri*

Protect me :( :whimper:

ferny said:
Of course, it'll probably change if I haven't got kids when I'm 29.

Hobbes is 29 and will be over 30 when he has his own children. It's all a state of mind, I think :D

• Romanian woman gives birth at 66

Romanian hospital officials say a 66-year-old woman in Bucharest has given birth to a baby girl.

Adriana Iliescu, who underwent fertility treatment for nine years before becoming pregnant, is thought to be the oldest recorded mother.

The girl was born prematurely by Caesarean section after her twin sister died in the womb, the hospital said.

Ms Iliescu told local television she had always wanted to be a mother but had been unable to conceive naturally.

A spokeswoman at the Giulesti Maternity Hospital in Bucharest said the surviving infant, named Eliza Maria, weighed just 1.4kg (3lb) and was still in intensive care, but breathing normally.

"The mother is doing well. She is saying she has been given a new lease of life," the spokeswoman said, according to the Associated Press news agency.

Ms Iliescu, a retired university professor and author of children's books, was interviewed by Realitatea TV last month.

She told the station she was optimistic about her future as a mother, claiming her family had a history of longevity.

The BBC's Central Europe reporter, Nick Thorpe, says the doctor who artificially inseminated Mrs Iliescu with the sperm of an anonymous donator justified the procedure by saying Ms Iliescu was in an appropriate condition to give birth.

Dr Bogdan Marinescu also said he had been impressed by her faith in God.

In 2003, a 65-year-old Indian woman gave birth to a boy.

Schoolteacher Satyabhama Mahapatra from Nayagarh in Orissa had been impregnated with an egg from her 26-year-old niece that had been fertilised by her husband.

It was the first child for Ms Mahapatra and her husband, who had been married for 50 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4179057.stm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back