Got my 40D!

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Best Buy. I live an hour away, so they were kind enough to hide it until I got there :). Lucky me. Anyway, it's better than I expected. Live view is neat, custom preset modes are neat, the rotary dial knob is SUPER, the 3" screen is great, the 6.5fps is too crazy and I can't wait to use that at the tracks when I see a wreck happening. ISO is shown in the viewfinder, which I have always wanted, buttons all seem natural, The strap has a neat red line that looks cool, menu is super easy to navigate, viewfinder is BIGGER!, the size fits my hand perfect.

But the problem is, the weatherproofing... I took it swimming to take some underwater photos, and now the camera doesn't work. I'm glad I upgraded to accidental damage protection warranty.

Im no expert on the 40D or Canon but weatherproofing does not mean you can take the camera underwater, it means if it starts to rain out the rain is not going to destroy your camera. Do not tell the people you took it to take underwater photos because that will not fallunder accidental damage tell them you droppedit into the water by mistake, in the future DO NOT take your camera underwater without an underwater case.

I am assuming that he is joking about taking it underwater lol.

I must stop posting for a while because every time (since yesterday evening) I make some sort of forced reference to MY NEW 40D, with the huge view screen etc etc. And I don't even have a lens for it yet.

This must really be getting on some people's nerves.

:wink:

I picked up my 40D today-- a week after I bought the EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS. Nice camera! Impressive!

I must stop posting for a while because every time (since yesterday evening) I make some sort of forced reference to MY NEW 40D, with the huge view screen etc etc. And I don't even have a lens for it yet.

This must really be getting on some people's nerves.

:wink:
It's getting on my nerves because I want a 40D, but can't afford one yet and I need more nice glass before that anyway.

My advice, get the glass. Look, the 40D is a fine camera, but the 30D is pretty darned wonderful and before you know it there'll be a 50D which, after you buy it, you can crow about on the forum as much as us. But with more glass in your signature than you have now.

Look at my signature - you'll feel better.

My advice, get the glass. Look, the 40D is a fine camera, but the 30D is pretty darned wonderful and before you know it there'll be a 50D which, after you buy it, you can crow about on the forum as much as us. But with more glass in your signature than you have now.

Look at my signature - you'll feel better.

Yep. The 40D's super and all, but if I had the 30D already, I probably wouldn't spend the money on an upgrade. Invest in glass now, and get whatever's next. It'll probably be a 18megapixel 20fps camera with 3D live view and a 18-300mm f/1.4 IS lens for under $1500.

Most reactions

Back