Got my 5D Mark II

Excellent Keith, thanks for the photos, and congrats on the purchase.

Thanks. I will go to another basketball game on Saturday, and also do some aerial stuff if weather permits.

What's a good, fast noise-reduction software? I'd be willing to pay for a good plugin/utility that does it quick and well.

I don;t know about speed but Noise Ninja and Neat Image are two of the most popular (or at least most recomended) noise reduction programs

If the UPS Gods permit, I will be picking up mine today...:thumbup:

How was battery life at the BB game?

-Shea

If the UPS Gods permit, I will be picking up mine today...:thumbup:

How was battery life at the BB game?

-Shea

Shot 2 games, lots of video, and a few photos. Used half of a battery on the first game, and swapped batteries to use another half on the second game.

Total, about 1 battery for 4 hours. It wasn't 4 hours of continuous shooting, but 4 hours of on/off.

Did you know about the battery reporting feature of this rig? I have 3 batteries and I can view a list of them in the menu. It will tell me which batteries have what amount of power left in them. Now, I can look and see that 1 battery is down to 44%, which is in my bag, so I can just go charge it. No more need to shuffle through batteries in different stacks to figure out which needs a charge or not.

Well the UPS Gods did shine brightly upon my shutter finger today! :thumbup: Charging the battery right now... To bad they did not have any extra batteries available - and yes I've had more than enough time to study every feature of the 5DmII while waiting for today...

Thanks for the report Keith, sounds like you got good results from the new bats.
-Shea

Thanks. I will go to another basketball game on Saturday, and also do some aerial stuff if weather permits.

What's a good, fast noise-reduction software? I'd be willing to pay for a good plugin/utility that does it quick and well.

For pics? I use Imagenomic's Noiseware Pro, and really like it... I also own NoiseImage and Noise Ninja, but prefer Noiseware.

Before purchasing, get the trial versions and see what you like best. The 3 mentioned here are the top 3 that I know of.

For video, I use the built-in noise remover in Pinnacle Studio Pro (I own the latest version).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back