got my camera yesterday!

mikehawk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hoping to master the art of all types of photography, however every skilled photographer has to start somewhere. C&C on some of these pics please. Thanks.

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0118.jpg

1, 2 and 3 are overexposed. In 1 and 2 the highlights on the dog are so bright you've lost any detail that was there. A shorter shutter speed would have helped (looks like you used 1/200 - 1/400 might be better here).

On the first two I think you cut too much of the dog off. I would have tried to get the whole animal in the frame. The tight crop works on the 3rd and those eyes are great but the focus is either a little off or the motion/camera shake blurred the shot - which happens at 1/160 shutter speed.

#4 is a really cool background. What hurts the image is the power line up top as well as the busy and generic foreground. With some time and planning and from a different spot I think you could have put something really awesome together with that background.

#5 - cool (sequence?) shot. Ah.. squad bay memories...

Your blue-nose American Staffordshire Terrier (#3) is sooo cute! I have one myself. Amazing dogs. The other pup is just as cute.

#5 is an interesting shot.

I am new to this site and to photography so I am no expert here. So I will give you and honest opinion to my first thoughts when I see the pictures.

I would try new angles on the dogs. Maybe lying on the ground looking up at you would work. The dogs are cute but just too much of them cut off.

The landscape does not have a subject. I found myself searching for something to put my eyes on.

There are a lot of great photos on the net. Research them and follow their lead.

Shots 1 and 3 it looks like you are beyond your minimus focus distance but all are snap shot boring, nothing that we havn't seen a thousand
Try and make the dog shots more interesting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back