Got My Rebel XT

SimplyRelentless

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I got my sexy Rebel XT yesterday but had no time to mess with it, got my card today since I ordered the wrong one. I have taken some pictures now I am trying to get the pictures on my computer via USB, I installed 1 of the CD's in the box but I still don't' know which program to open to get pictures from the camera to my computer?

Gah nevermind I put the USB in one of my slots that mess up all the time, now it's working and the picture quality is so amazing.

Don't forget to adjust your camera setting to shoot in RAW :)

Yeah i'm shooting in RAW but what if I want to upload it and show it does upload services support RAW?

Yeah i'm shooting in RAW but what if I want to upload it and show it does upload services support RAW?
You have to process your RAW files and save them as JPEG before you can upload them. You should also resize them before trying to upload.

Yeah, its a good idea to resize them into jpeg form. For the internet, I would suggest using 72 dpi at more larger than 800 pixels on the width or height, which ever is larger. Just make sure not to ever delete your RAW files unless they are completely useless; ie completely blown out because you forgot to lower your iso when going from indoors to outdoors. hehe

just a note - but as RAWs require editing before they can be used (and definatly need sharpening and noise removal) I would recomend sitting in JPEG (or JPEG and RAW) when you start out whilst you get your feet wet with the basics of editing first - I find most people turn away from RAWs when they start shooting first with them as they prove to be too daunting.
Also take a read of this site for some guides on editing - check out sharpening, noise removal, levels and curves for some good editing starting points:
http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/articles.htm

Alright I have been working with photoshop for years so hopefully I have a little step up. Right now I am reading the manual trying to figure out what al the modes are for lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back