Got my reverse mount in last night...

angelo_lightning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this quarter sized spider hangs outside my house every night in the same spot. Like... this spider is more reliable and predictable than most humans I know. The first shot is the best I could do with my kit lens.

The second shot is one I took with my kit lens reverse mounted. I feel I could do better, but the web is suspended up in the air on my patio and so I was standing on a chair with my arms outstretched. Couldn't even look through the viewfinder. And I didnt have it zoomed in all the way cause the dof gets so shallow. But I am pretty thrilled with using my kit lens as a macro.

I bought a 70 dollar kit lens and ten dollar reverse mount ring so I could have a dedicated macro. I dont see why everyone doesnt get a dedicated reverse mount macro. In fact, I don't see why they don't just make cheap lenses like this to begin with.

Attachments

• spideyyellowb.jpg
    spideyyellowb.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 190
  • smallerspider.jpg
    smallerspider.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 199
An outfit called Venus has come out with a xouple oddball lenses and I recall a macro being one.

I dont see why everyone doesnt get a dedicated reverse mount macro.
Reverse mount is great for starting out with macro and learning macro shots. But, shooting completely manual gets tiring after awhile when working with moving subjects like insects.

That dude is scary lookin!!
Have you tried the close-up extenders to compare them to this reversed rig?
I'm guessing you have to shoot totally manually?

I just kinda move the camera back and forth, the dof plane is so thin. havent used an extension tube or macro filter yet.

Most reactions

Back