Got My..

Rogan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finepix S5600 today.

£65 off ebay.

this thing is amazing. the 10x zoom is unbelievably good if you get out a tripod! and very good in your hands aswell.

TThe video quality is fantastic!

unfortunately i havent taken any interesting photos. except for ones of my neighbours number plates from the whole way down the street :sexywink:

Only problem is, that it seems to have developed a dead pixel! on the lcd! aaah! any fixes?

Thanks,
Rogan

Not too bad, about $100 US. If you are using the digital zoom, turn that off. All it does is digitally crop the image in the camera for the extended zoom. You can do the same thing in post processing software at much better quality.

The 10X means with a lowest focal length of 38mm, gives you 380 mm on the long end. I have the S5700, the 7 mp camera. Mine is 10x as well. I calculated it out before and came up that it is the equivalent of around a 200 mm from a dSLR I believe. It works pretty good.

I'm working out if I should use the in-camera sharpening or not with my camera. I'll have to let you know what my results are.

Have fun and show some photos.

im planning on getting shots tomorrow as i didnt have time to take anything good today.

yeah the digital zoom is useless but its not required really!

and thanks!

im planning on getting shots tomorrow as i didnt have time to take anything good today.

yeah the digital zoom is useless but its not required really!

and thanks!

hehe...yep, digital zoom has got to be the most worthless gimmick to have ever come out with the advent of digital cameras. Do they still make P&S's with digital zoom?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back