Got Nikons? Got Mamiya RB67 Glass?

Wat? This seems completely absurd to me. The lenses are nice, sure, but it's not like Nikon doesn't build some pretty good glass.

Solution in search of a problem? Cashing in cynically on affluent hipster obsession with adapting everything to everything?

Delightfully kludgy!!! rb_nikon_001.jpg

Yeah...I get the idea of using adapted lenses on d-slr bodies...I own more than a dozen Nikon F to Canon EF adapters, a couple m42 to Canon, and an Olympus OM-to Canon EF adapter, and have considered adapting some Bronica SQ-camera lenses to Canon...ADAPTED lenses are kind of fun to play around with. One man's absurdity is another man's fun!

Cashing in cynically on affluent hipster obsession with adapting everything to everything?

More like "broke-ass but adventuresome with a large stash of quality old/orphan optics whose adapters are almost free relative to new glass." Got over any hesitation years back when I had a Sony NEX 7 on long-term loan and shot "adapted" old Nikkors and Minolta Rokkors.

The Mamiya/Nikon focusing adapter will fit any F-mount camera.

Is it fun? yes.....Is it practical? probably not.

I'm kind of baffled why people are upset about this ?

This is absolutely nothing new at all. Old manual medium format lenses are quite high quality and now many of these systems are pretty dead and the lenses are cheap.

Usually though people who adapt medium format lenses to DSLRs try to implement tilt/shift.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back