got out today and grabbed some pics of the bimmer

ducky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome...always looking for advice.

4104427437_58cdcb98b6_o.jpg

4104434487_80fdb56be8_o.jpg

4104437035_2e730e291c_o.jpg

4104439745_53919c9fef_o.jpg

4105188178_da46f102e5_o.jpg

4104442283_23b22b23ed_o.jpg

I like the first the most, quite a bit over the others. Think the shine from the paint is outstanding... and guessing you might catch a really interesting sky reflected off of it with the right angle.

Surprised you didn't take one just of the wheels. :)

I like 1, 3, and 5. The building is a little distracting in number 4. Nice subject though, Here are some shots I took of a coworkers BMW:

NewImage.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04494edit.jpg

Ron

I like the first the most, quite a bit over the others. Think the shine from the paint is outstanding... and guessing you might catch a really interesting sky reflected off of it with the right angle.

Surprised you didn't take one just of the wheels. :)

thanks, and the wheels along with the rest of the car, were dirty so hence the lack of any closeups lol

[Dillz];1752548 said:
The 2nd and 4th are best.
thanks...care to shine some light on why you feel that way?

It's a car alright.
Record shots, nothing more.

sorry i'm sub pro?:meh:

I like 1, 3, and 5. The building is a little distracting in number 4. Nice subject though, Here are some shots I took of a coworkers BMW:

Ron

#3 is my favorite by far...i was walking back towards the car to head out, and i stopped looked for a second, squatted and shot...ended up being the best IMO

that e46 M is nice for sure, but i'm just not a fan of black wheels ...

I like the juxtaposition of the nice car and the backgrounds...

Get a good CPL filter (Circular PoLarizing filter). It will help control (tone down) a lot of the reflections in the body and glass, adding definition to the lines of the car.

The first shot has the best background, but you should have been closer to the car (fill the frame) and it needed some reflected light (or a kiss of flash from off the camera) into the grill area to give it better definition.

The rest the backgrounds are way to busy and detract attention away from the car.

1,2,3 and 5 all needed added light somewhere.

A CPL filter would really help as would some added light. I tried to kill as much of the reflections in the hood as I could but you there is really no technique that acts like a CPL filter in Photoshop. So this is just a quick and dirty edit done with limited pixel data (not RAW). I added some light in the grill area to give it better definition and moved in to help eliminate some of the other elements that were distracting from the car. Oh, I turned your lights on too.

Edit4104427437_58cdcb98b6_o.jpg

All the other backgrounds were very distracting, excpet the one above, with multiple vertical elements growing out of the top of the car and parts of the car in heavy shadow causing lost detail. That's a problem with the reflections to, they really distort/mask the lines of the car body.

A CPL on your lens and a speedlight or two on light stands with umbrellas will make much nicer images than snapshots like these.

A CPL filter would really help as would some added light. I tried to kill as much of the reflections in the hood as I could but you there is really no technique that acts like a CPL filter in Photoshop. So this is just a quick and dirty edit done with limited pixel data (not RAW). I added some light in the grill area to give it better definition and moved in to help eliminate some of the other elements that were distracting from the car. Oh, I turned your lights on too.

Edit4104427437_58cdcb98b6_o.jpg

All the other backgrounds were very distracting, excpet the one above, with multiple vertical elements growing out of the top of the car and parts of the car in heavy shadow causing lost detail. That's a problem with the reflections to, they really distort/mask the lines of the car body.

A CPL on your lens and a speedlight or two on light stands with umbrellas will make much nicer images than snapshots like these.

i'll have to look into a filter, but a large lighting setup like what you're referring to is a little more than i'd ever use, or even know how to use. and no offense at all, but your edited image, except for the crop i suppose, just looks way to try hard and over the top to me....

Most reactions

Back