Got Snow

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot (Handheld) with Canon FD 100-200 on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)

468933_F800_008_1.jpg

There are more to this set but one is really all one needs. It's not every day one sees a police car buried in the middle of the street. Ironically the wire he was sitting there watching got torn down shortly after this was taken by a bus driver who did not see it....

Last edited:
This is a RECENT photo? This is the situation you're facing NOW, as we speak???
Oh :shock:

That's a lot of snow.
But somehow, despite the fact that it sure looks cold, for why else should there be such heaps of snow (?), the colour temps are not cold, which I like. Dusk/dawn light and the lights of the police cars (red, yellow, but no blue!) help things a lot.

So he was sitting there, watching that cable/wire ... to no avail?

This is a RECENT photo? This is the situation you're facing NOW, as we speak???
Oh :shock:

That's a lot of snow.

Not quite, this is actually from the first snofall that came, It was shot in mid to late October and it melted away prior to the very similar snow fall we got the other night.

This had all fallen in a period of about twelve hours and it was all lake effect snow. I don't know if you have experience with lake effect snow but it is a very heavy and wet snow, it literally weighs almost twice as much as the snow that falls in Montana or Wyoming. It gathers additional moisture off the lakes hence the name.

As we speak we are under just about the same amount but it did not all come at once and was not all lake effect.

But somehow, despite the fact that it sure looks cold, for why else should there be such heaps of snow (?), the colour temps are not cold, which I like. Dusk/dawn light and the lights of the police cars (red, yellow, but no blue!) help things a lot.
There is a green light....does that help any :D....on a more serious note :lol:, NY police departments for the most part use all red lights, I've seen a couple places with a blue one but not many, but anywho the warm temps of this one are a result of the manor in wich this was shot and subsiquently scanned. The lighting is rather deceptive, this is actually predawn on an overcast morning, the light it self had a blue cast then coupled with my scaners blue casting tendancy, the image required major correction.

So he was sitting there, watching that cable/wire ... to no avail?

Well, kinda, the snow ripped it down and he had to sit and make sure no one hit it or played with it and in the end one of the busses ended up doing just that, I think the thought it would clear the bus but it snagged on the horn.

looks great i love snow, cant wait till it starts snowin here in nj

i wish we had snow already. so far it seems everywhere in ny and the northeast has gotten snow accumulation except for here in the hudson valley. what gives?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back