Got the big prints today!

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got the 16x24 and 10x15's I ordered from Adorama today and they came out GREAT. I was a little worried that the 16x24 might not look great since I forgot to enlarge it before I uploaded it but it looks fantastic even when it's up to your face, I could even go bigger if I wanted. They look great!

Glad you like them!

I got some big-ish prints done for a friend a few weeks ago and was very pleased as well- isn't it fun to see big prints of your stuff?

The fact that it was a very yonic mango on white with and very phallic hung banana on black made it even more fun. Apparently they're now on her wall for all to see and be made mildly uncomfortable by. More power to me!

Any thoughts on the Adorama process? Would you recommend them?

Last edited:
I had 2 11x14's done at Mpix and I highly recommend them. I even goofed and they helped me big time, twice. 2 thumbs up for them.

Glad you like them!

I got some big-ish prints done for a friend a few weeks ago and was very pleased as well- isn't it fun to see big prints of your stuff?

The fact that it was a very yonic mango on white with and very phallic hung banana on black made it even more fun. Apparently they're now on her wall for all to see and be made mildly uncomfortable by. More power to me!

Any thoughts on the Adorama process? Would you recommend them?

Ya, I would recommend them, The prints came well packaged so that they would not be bent or hurt, they have very good prices and when you sign up you get 25 free 4x6's, so you can use those to try them out and see how you like the prints. I would say they did a very good job. Also depending on where you live, I am from ma and I got them in 2 days. I did do the 1 day in the lab shipping, but it was pretty quick.

Ya, I would recommend them, The prints came well packaged so that they would not be bent or hurt, they have very good prices and when you sign up you get 25 free 4x6's, so you can use those to try them out and see how you like the prints. I would say they did a very good job. Also depending on where you live, I am from ma and I got them in 2 days. I did do the 1 day in the lab shipping, but it was pretty quick.

Those prices are excellent if the prints are good. And $0.99 8x10s? Where do I sign? I have a bunch I've been meaning to get printed- looks like it's time to pull the trigger, although I am still very tempted by the Mpix "true B&W" paper for my scanned black and white negatives. I HATE color casts in my black and white prints, and I would hope this would eliminate the problem (although I would expect accurate B&W reproduction on any prints from a professional lab).

Those prices are excellent if the prints are good. And $0.99 8x10s? Where do I sign? I have a bunch I've been meaning to get printed- looks like it's time to pull the trigger, although I am still very tempted by the Mpix "true B&W" paper for my scanned black and white negatives. I HATE color casts in my black and white prints, and I would hope this would eliminate the problem (although I would expect accurate B&W reproduction on any prints from a professional lab).

Yep 99 cent 8x10's until the 22nd I think. You can also pre order the prints and buy them for 99 cents each but you don't have to have them printed until you want to, so you could buy like 100 and then just order a few prints here and there. It only takes like 2 minutes to sign up and then you can get those free prints and 99 cent 8x10's and you don't have to pay membership or anything. It's great. Good luck with the B&W's

Congrats, ptyler! That rocks. Glad that worked out.

I actually just got in my set of 8 16x20s from by friend. They all came out flawless. He does an awesome job. FYI, 16"x20" for $10. He's super anal about color correctness and the prints he produces are stunning. Feel free to ping him if you like. Tell him Chris sent you. He is at [email protected].

Oh I meant to say... you'd be amazed how big you can print images and still have them look flawless, even from like 2" away. I printed up a 12MP image to 24"x36" and literally with my nose on the glass you cannot tell, so I could easily print it to 2x that size and probably not be able to tell unless I was 1' away from it and looking for the softness. (like anyone would do that)

Congrats, ptyler! That rocks. Glad that worked out.

I actually just got in my set of 8 16x20s from by friend. They all came out flawless. He does an awesome job. FYI, 16"x20" for $10. He's super anal about color correctness and the prints he produces are stunning. Feel free to ping him if you like. Tell him Chris sent you. He is at [email protected].

Wow ya 16x20 for $10 Maybe I'll shoot him an email next time I want some prints. Maybe I'll try pushing it to like 24x36 for some big posters and see how they come out.

Most reactions

Back