got the the rufous shots i wanted...

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went down to my "bird park" again this afternoon, and lo and behold, the rufous hummingbird was still hanging around. most of the afternoon, the light was too dull, and the sky too bright, but for a brief period, i got good enough light, and the hummer cooperated. the branch he'd been using as a rest stop last week apparently broke off, and his new perch du jour was about 10 feet closer, so i was able to get some good shots. not stellar, mind you... he was still too far away, and the light too poor for that... but good ones nonetheless.

I was thinking 'inoculations against Rufous'

I was pleased at the pics you posted. :)

Really nice shot! I'm still waiting to get a decent shot at a Rufous. ;( They all come through here and we set out all the feeders but we only get slow Ruby's and NASCAR others! ;)

i think there a little dark.. great set. i love the last one.

Nice shots of a gorgeous bird.

Very nice! They are here at the feeder every day, but still a bit leery of fat old men pointing cameras at them.

thanks, guys!

Danny, yeah, it wasn't the best light - like i mentioned, dull light, bright sky behind - and the bird was pretty dark. had to boost the brightness quite a bit as it was. i'll give it another go and see how they look with a bit more...

Very nice! They are here at the feeder every day, but still a bit leery of fat old men pointing cameras at them.

Thanks for discouraging me lol!
Beautiful little bird. those wings looks tiny compared to the body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back