Got to play with the a77 today

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went with my wife to the mall today and I was happy to see there was a Sony store there.
I zoomed straight to the a77, it called me, sang to me, wispered my name seductively.
Even before holding it I loved its design, so attractive!!!
I held it in my hands and it felt Sooo solid and right, I was droolling all over the camera.
In the hand it felt perfect even better then my D7000.
The AF system is lightning fast and this EVF is GORGEOUS.

I still am not the biggest fans of the transparent mirror stechnology and even if I wanted to buy the a77 I couldnt afford it but MAN What A Camera :hail::hail::hail:

It's a great camera. The SLT will grow on you. I have a D800 and have to mirror up when I shoot low light landscapes. With the SLT there is no flipping mirror. Also the a77 is so much quiter.

That looks fantastic. I have an a550, id love to move to that some day. But That camera is to good for me, I can see it looking down on me and calling me a peon. Hell my camera looks down on me but I'll get better. :)

Good post.

I love my a77. Not too many complaints. The kit 16-50 2.8 lens is sharp as can be. Spend the extra money for it.

I have really been trying to decide on if I should make jump from A55 to A77. Thing holding me back is the rumors about A78 possible coming out this year.

I have really been trying to decide on if I should make jump from A55 to A77. Thing holding me back is the rumors about A78 possible coming out this year.

Hi Nervine

I don't know how much you know about lenses, but I have a thread bellow this one asking about some 70-300mm lenses for my camera. If you have any opinions I posted the two I think it's come down to in my price range which isn't much, but id love to hear them. If not no problem, just trying to get thoughts before I pull the trigger on buying one. :)

Thanks.

I have the A65 and couldn't be happier with it! Doesn't have the weather sealed body or magnesium alloy construction but keep it in a bag when I'm out in the wilderness. It's still sturdy enough for my uses.
Photo quality is top notch when using a nice bright lens to keep the ISO down. Processing is nice when shooting in RAW :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

There will always be a replacement. Just buy the camera that suits your needs and get creative. Enjoy :)

Thing holding me back is the rumors about A78 possible coming out this year.

Hi Nervine

I don't know how much you know about lenses, but I have a thread bellow this one asking about some 70-300mm lenses for my camera. If you have any opinions I posted the two I think it's come down to in my price range which isn't much, but id love to hear them. If not no problem, just trying to get thoughts before I pull the trigger on buying one. :)

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Im getting ready to purchase a new camera & can't decide between the Sony a77 & Nikon d7100.... someone please help me decide! ?!

Asking Sony A77 lovers what kind of camera to get is like asking a collie breeder what kind of dog is best. LOL
Nervine said:

I had gotten my Minolta 5D at almost half price when the A100 came out, then got the A100 for half price when its replacement arrived. This time I didn't wait and I'm so glad I didn't! This thing has the bells and whistles, the picture quality is terrific-whatever is going to be in the rumored A78 can't be that much of a difference to make you wait on a possibility. I used a portion of my tax refund for it. Sony stores have in-store credit (thru GE Bank). Do it!

Ohhh sorry! Doesn't seem like everyone is 100% Sony on here to me.... it was a question!?!

Ohhh sorry! Doesn't seem like everyone is 100% Sony on here to me.... it was a question!?!
Sony sub-forum, Hon. Might be nay-sayers stopping by but your question should probably be elsewhere and besides, you said nothing about what your needs are. What do you shoot? How much experience do you have/long have you been shooting? Budget? What are you using now, if anything?

My interest are weddings, sports, outdoor events, landscape. I'm just starting out. As far as cameras, I'm looking for something that I can keep for a long while. Not really interested in getting a "beginners" camera that I'm just going to have to upgrade a year down the road. Was sold on the Nikon d7100 UNTIL I layed eyes on the Sony a77.... WOW, what a camera!

Im getting ready to purchase a new camera & can't decide between the Sony a77 & Nikon d7100.... someone please help me decide! ?!
I really like the a77 but the D7100 should be the better camera.

My interest are weddings, sports, outdoor events, landscape. I'm just starting out. As far as cameras, I'm looking for something that I can keep for a long while. Not really interested in getting a "beginners" camera that I'm just going to have to upgrade a year down the road. Was sold on the Nikon d7100 UNTIL I layed eyes on the Sony a77.... WOW, what a camera!

If you think you would have to "upgrade" a year down the road, you need to read up more on photography. Having the latest and greatest isn't what is going to make your photos great-only look nicer. Maybe. "Just starting out", you are going to be spending a LOT of money for things like lenses, filters, speed lights, cards and whatever else I can't think of this time of night.:p "Beginner's camera"? That would be Fisher Price. Other than point and shoots, there is not much that could be called that and, in my opinion, if you are just starting out, the less bells and whistles, the better. Learn the craft (that means NO "Auto" shooting), learn what things actually mean. Buy what you would consider a "beginner's camera" and beat it to death learning. If it won't die and you're getting more into it and better at it, THEN shell out the big bucks and keep the beater as a back up. Lay out 3 or 4 grand and find out, eh, this isn't my thing and you're out about $2800. Lay out 1 grand and go nuts and you get your money's worth.

Most reactions

Back