Got to shoot with a D1X today...

adiliegro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are straight out of the camera. No sharpening, no color correction, no processing except to resize for the web and add a border...This D1X is AWESOME! The colors and the sharpness were DEAD ON right out of the camera!

I am now officially saving my pennies! What do you guts think of these, shot at my local zoo?

I LOVE that D1X!

http://www.diliegrostudios.com/d1x.html

Don't forget to credit to the photographer, you can have the best camera in the world and still take crap photos!

Very nice shot of the tiger mate! love the lighting!

Definately not worth 4k imo. Images are nice and all but 8 megapixels doesn't offer much advantage over 6 megapixels.

vonnagy has it right. I was just explaining to someone today that a good photographer could take a good photo with a plastic 110 camera.

The PHOTOGRAPHER has done a fine job! The camera may be a step up. I bought a D1 when they first came out. Good camera, but it definitely has some issues. I feel that file size has certain bragging rights. I am more concerned with optics. Keep your eyes open for The D70 which will hit the market in the spring (america time). At close to $1,200 for the "kit" Nikon has once again out done the competition.

I'm sure I will get yelled at for that last sentence. I may be biased, because Nikon has always been my camera of choice. (I just can't afford Leica or Contax)

I shoot Canon, and even i can respect what Nikon has done with the D70, it is going to blow the rebel off the market.

Images are nice and all but 8 megapixels doesn't offer much advantage over 6 megapixels.

D1X is a 6 MP (5.47 to be exact) :roll:

anyway, pics look good - dunno if I would shell out 4K for a 6Mp with 1.5x magnification factor. Spend 1,500 on a 10D (or less for a D70), save big time and wait for an affordable full frame...

Canon 1Ds 11MP :scratch: but goes for 6 to 8K :scratch:

I have files for a fashion catalog over here - shot with a 1Ds and
drum scans of medium format chromes.

The 1Ds files are at least as good as drum scans from the medium
format slides - the detail resolution is simply amazing.

The great plus for digital: less work - almost no color balancing,
no clone stamping of dust etc...

Now I'm lookin like a fool. Let me correct that yet again....

The 1D Mark II is what I was thinking of.

Most reactions

Back