Gotham Knights

chris_panas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everybody.
These photos were inspired by Batman from DC Comics, the idea was to create a set of portraits that would introduce a group of characters living and fighting crime in Gotham City and calling themselves “Gotham Knights”.
This is still a Work In Progress project and there will be more characters added to the series.

Technical note: all the photos were taken on the same location, however all of them were taken on a different day. No artificial light was used here, only sunlight and a cheap reflector. The camera I used was Canon 5D Mark I with 35mm and 40mm canon lenses. Edited in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Hope you like these photos and the project

P.S. You can see these in higher resolution at my website:

Gotham Knights - CHRIS PANAS photography

"We Are Vengeance" :)

Cheers!

These are cool. Really like the light and editing. I don't mind the little bit of selective color but since these are a series, I think all of them should have it or none of them should have it.

really great set.

It's a great set, but while selective color works for a rare few photos, it's not resonating with me for these shots. The only one I think it works for is on the woman's broach.

Like the others, I think this is a strong set, but I'm not sold on the selective colour either, especially the lollypop.

Great photos, I do not like the selective color either and I dont get the whole Gotham knights thing, unless these people are in some kind of TV show, Movie or something like that it just seems silly. I just don't see the point and that kind of ruins the whole thing for me.

putting all that other stuff aside I think the photos look really good.

Great photos, I do not like the selective color either and I dont get the whole Gotham knights thing, unless these people are in some kind of TV show, Movie or something like that it just seems silly. I just don't see the point and that kind of ruins the whole thing for me.

He explains the concept pretty well in the first post.
Photo series don't always need a purpose such as a TV show or movie.

It reminds me of the character shots for a television show. Really cohesive and well done. I do think that that selective color does somewhat detract from the grittiness simply because I don't think it ties in very well with the concepts. And it's also only present in a few of the photos.

Other than that, I really enjoy the subtle characterization. The 1st, 5th, and last ones are especially great.

It's no different than someone creating photos solely to express specific emotions or experiences.

Photos don't always need a practical purpose beyond the concept, story, or idea that the photographer is trying to communicate.

I'm with the rest on the selective colour, however, these are really good shots!

I like the selective color thing, but not for the first woman. No offense, but that just didn't work for me. The lollipop, however, did work for me. On #5 the woman seems a little harshly exposed, but generally on all of them, I like the shadow transitions, and the way the lighting frames the subject. Nicely done :)

At first I wasn't fond of the grain in these photos but as I scrolled, I found it enjoyable. Very nice set. My favorite is the one with the sucker, butterscotch? Yum.

Most reactions

Back