Gotta finish the ploughing as the clouds gather

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot of a Farmer friend ploughing the field to renew the grass for the cows. He has to get it done as the Welsh weather is coming in over the hills...the last of the light before the clouds get in the way is behind me...

So, Yay, or Nay?

click on the picture for options to view BIGGER

Last edited:
Nice DOF and I really like the exposure.

I think a couple of big steps to the right would have made the photo feel a little more dynamic and stronger.

A portion of the side of the tractor would have been visible and the line of plowed and unplowed grass would have been on a diagonal, adding to the sense of tractor movement as well as being a line leading to it.

It would also have made a touch more of the farmers face visible.

Nice DOF and I really like the exposure.

I think a couple of big steps to the right would have made the photo feel a little more dynamic and stronger.

A portion of the side of the tractor would have been visible and the line of plowed and unplowed grass would have been on a diagonal, adding to the sense of tractor movement as well as being a line leading to it.

It would also have made a touch more of the farmers face visible.

Thanks for your comments...

I do have a couple of shots from different positions, but I haven't PP'd yet. This was the best in terms of the tractor still above the foreground horizon...the field drops considerably just after his current position and the whole tractor will disappear in seconds.
I will revisit some of the other shots and see...

As for making his face more visible...How??
He wasn't stopping work and I wasn't posing him. He was too busy watching the line of his furrows...

Most reactions

Back