Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this for the 'My Hometown' assignment in themes, but thought I'd post it here, too, and get some general critique on it. So...whatcha think? I do wish I could take out the car in front of the nearest bin, but it's harvest season, so there will be vehicles there most of the time for a while. Also...do you think the horizon is off, or does that first one just look tilted because of....um...that one thing that happens when you photograph tall buildings...can't remember the term!

Whoops, guess I should add the pic!

GrainBinsSmall.jpg

I like it Corry :) Great to see you doin the assingment too ;) My only suggestion might be to have a broader variety of tones...maybe added contrast or some levels work, but I sort of enjoy how it has a bit of tilt to it :)

I see why the play of light and shadow on these grain bins attracts you and makes you stop and look at them over and again. With the plenty of road you have chosen as your foreground in this particular photo I quite LIKE that car which got into your frame. Without it, the photo would have been too static, I think. The car shows that there is something going on. It happens "behind the scenes", so does not distract us, but there is something going on somewhere. Therefore never fret about that car ;)!

Thanks...I actually really liked this in color, I was just practising conversions with black and white, and so I posted that one...didn't even think about posting the color. If y'all want me too, I'll post the color version either tonight or tommorrow....I work kinda late tonight.

Most reactions

Back