Grain Elevator for C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Kansasdude, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Kansasdude

Kansasdude TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    There was a storm approaching and I was trying to find something interesting to shoot. Out of the dozen shots I took, two seemed worthy of including in my online gallery. I know I spent longer trying to get the processing right than I did capturing the shots. I had never given much thought to how a scene might be processed until these images. There were literally a dozen different choices I could have made, each altering the scene subtly. In the end I settled on these choices as the best representation of the mood at the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Kansas

The second shot shows promise. I like the angle and the engines in the shot adding some color. The engines also help to break up the lines of the grain elevators.
    I am not sure if you are in focus, that may have occurred during PP.

3. vtf

vtf No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Theres alot of elevators in your area. I really think these pictures speak to someone like me who grew up in South Central Kansas. I' believe the second is better for its angle but I would've sacrificed a little more ground to insure the entire elevator top was in the picture,
    I would think a good time for elevators is July and August during the harvests, might be a thought. The first picture has me wanting to see the lowered cloud thats behind the elevator, but thats me . :lol:

4. Pgeobc

Pgeobc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A perspective control lens or a camera with tilts and shifts might help those pictures. Alternatively, if you have a negative, use the tilts and shifts available with an enlarger to straighten the perspective.

Once in a great while oddball perspective is really useful, though.

5. da1nonlymikeo

da1nonlymikeo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    these are sweet. colors are awesome!