Grain Elevator from Katy, TX. Another B&W conversion

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
I'm never sure of B&W conversions, I can never find that perfect compromise. Please offer suggestions on this :)

Elevator.jpg

Nikkor 18-70mm, Focal length 18mm
No filter, F/14, 1/25 sec
Vignetting added in PS

The conversion looks good. Was it intended for the corners to be darker? They kind of add to the shot a bit. It seems like you've got some distortion going on with your buildings though...can't think of the term for this at the moment, but it's where your buildings lean in...however that said it sort of gives the feel of looking through binoculars IMO and I kind of like it for that reason :)

That was a ridiculously fast reply! :shock:
Anyways, both the dark corners and distortion were intentional, I thought it gave it a feel more of the era of the building. Thanks!

:lol: I really need to start reading below your posts at the info you provide and I would have realized it was intentional :lol:

If you think that was fast you should see me run :lol: Kidding...no one wants to see that :lol:

I think darrin has the right ticket on this one. I do really like the picture as it is in terms of the black and white, composition, and lines. I am obsesive about detail though and this has so much on it I am sure it would be hard to capture. Maybe a bit more contrast might bring it out, give it a whirl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back