Grains of Wisdom

1) You can report a post and the entire mod team will be able to read and react to it. If you want to specifically discuss the matter with a moderator you can contact either:
Terri - our forum admin www.thephotoforum.com/members/terri.584/
FFarl - our general go-to contact for Forum Foundry admin (they are the company that owns TPF) ffarl

2) The rule on photos is enforced to ensure that photos posted to the site are owned by those who post them. On a site dedicated to photography this is an important aspect. It is also done to respect copyrights. However its a rule we don't generally enforce on avatars and images that might be considered "meme" or otherwise widely distributed on the internet. However these are exceptions allowed at moderator discretion

Thanks Alex,
Sorry to have to bother you like that.

Last edited:
I agree, way too often I witness fellow photographers unwilling to shoot above ISO 250 for fear of noise. Noise (or other perceived flaws) aren't going to ruin an image; an image being a bad image is what will ruin an image. Many times noise will go unnoticed, or it will enhance the mood. Or it could detract from it, you just never know, and unfortunately too many photographers are too scared to experiment and find out whether it will work out or not.

Last edited:
If I plan to retouch, I rarely shoot above 200, quite often restrict to 64. Adding in realistic matching noise after cleaning up is a pain.

If no retouching is planned, I quite often hit 6400.

If I plan to retouch, I rarely shoot above 200, quite often restrict to 64. Adding in realistic matching noise after cleaning up is a pain.

If no retouching is planned, I quite often hit 6400.
There is certainly less to retouch when those fine details are just a little bit obscured.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back