Grainy Grain Field.

Runnah; just for S&G, what was the time of exposure?

I love the image! Agree it might improve with a bit of digital play on the midtones, and yes it has noise. But rather than pick on too many technicalities, I am enjoying this gorgeous night shot. I would love to have seen this view! :love:
Nobady said, that this image doesn't have a charm. Noise adds to pictorial qualities.

As for the photo, I really love it, my only quibble being that the midtones on the ground look a bit muddy. Is there a way to selectively increase the contrast just a bit on the ground? Okay, I'm pretty sure it's possible,

An idea; get the moon over your shoulder. I think that would lighten up the foreground.

Just added this to my "to do" list.

I love the image! Agree it might improve with a bit of digital play on the midtones, and yes it has noise. But rather than pick on too many technicalities, I am enjoying this gorgeous night shot. I would love to have seen this view! :love:

Thanks. It was pitch black so it was literally a shot in the dark. I did the high ISO shots just so I could see the tree frame the shot for a low ISO long exposure. In the end the film grainy shot came out the best.

An idea; get the moon over your shoulder. I think that would lighten up the foreground. Just added this to my "to do" list.

I'd have to check my sun and moon position app but I think this particular location doesn't get the moon in that position in the winter.

Most reactions

Back