Gramma's Rock Collection

A couple of her paintings:

Painting1Post.jpg

Painting2Post.jpg

Oh, those are good. How much effort does your family spend on preserving the family heritage? Most don't, but some do take care. On my mother's side, the family history is written down to about 150 years ago. Unfortunately, my father was not too interested in documenting his side of the family, so we don't have much beyond a number of small photographs and some that he took with his Leica. My wife's family has tried to put together a family history, but my mother-in-law was one of eight, and my father-in-law was the youngest of 13, so as you can imagine, my wife's side of the family is quite large. However, each of us is trying to document, in photographs, writings, and whatever we can find of painting, artwork, or other items, the life that was lived. I've started assembling for each person in our extended immediate family (is that an oxymoron?) the photographic records of each person through the years. So far, I've delivered three of these "packages" and have been asked to work on the rest. It's a labour of love, but I think it will be well appreciated.

In your case, Sparky, your grandmother needs a voice, and perhaps you will be that voice. Quite frankly, I would absolutely love to read a book (even a thin one) documenting the life of a person, as seen partly through their eyes (in the form of their body of work) and through the eyes of those around her. It is quite obvious that your grandmother was gifted and talented, and her life should be celebrated. Not trying to put you on the spot here, but I am enjoying tremendously what you've shared with us so far.

..... Quite frankly, I would absolutely love to read a book (even a thin one) documenting the life of a person, ..........

As you wish.

Her story, as written by my cousin, in 1979.

Thank you - that was very, very good. She was a very interesting worman, who had lived her life in full. Not easy by any means, but full. But now... we need the images. When you're ready.

Awesomeness. My hubs is a Geologist. May have to show him this thread. :mrgreen:

Rock19Post2.jpg

Last edited:
That one's different. How much magnification did you give it?

I'm no rock expert, but that looks like quartz and pyrite?

I'm no rock expert, but that looks like quartz and pyrite?

Beats me. I have a box of rocks, and they're smarter than me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back