Grand Canyon, AZ

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Drove into the Grand Canyon on our way back from California a few days ago. Busted our tails to be there in time for sunset, only to get there in the middle of a snowstorm. It was snowing so hard I couldn't see three feet past the canyon edge. So we sat there for 3 hours waiting for it clear, but it only got worse. It snowed about 6" over night, and we woke up in time to catch the sunrise on a clear, crisp 12* morning.

Wow this place is amazing. Shot about 2 gig, it's hard to take a bad picture!!

Anyway, here's a few from my first pass through:

72110059.jpg

72110061.jpg

72110063.jpg

72110065.jpg

72110067.jpg

Really beautiful shots. Is snow common in the canyon this time of year?

Man oh man, those are beautiful pics all right! Love the lighting you captured too, and the snow is cool to see (I don't think the shots I've seen of the canyon in the past have ever had snow in them). The pretty pink tones in the first two make them my faves.

Hopi Point. Very nice shots. You take the shuttle or can you drive out this time of year?

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, it does snow pretty regularly out there this time of year. It's about 7500 ft elevation there at the top of the canyon.

You can drive your own vehicle into Hermit's Rest from Nov to April I think.

Isn't the Grand Canyon great? It's even harder to get a bad pic from the bottom. ;)

You've done beautifully. One and two are classics. :thumbup:

yep, I could live with those up on my wall
way to go, stunning

Nice shots, I always find it amazing that over distance everything appears to be perfectly flat and in the foreground you have these great vista's. Good job!

great shots robert... #1 is awesome. i went about 5-6 years ago in october, no snow though. i found it very challenging to shoot something so vast & impressive. the snow really adds to the mood of these shots. nicely captured... :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back