gmarquez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificphotographicimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Grand Canyon, South Rim, Arizona, USA

I managed to save at least one shot from a white balance gone horribly wrong :grumpy::

GrandCanyon1.jpg

I'll see if I can salvage some others...maybe we'll have to make this an anual trip, and ride the mules to the bottom.

The site is so ... wow-y!
One day I must go there myself, I think I must! I want to see this and FEEL it, too, once!

I feel that the first one is abit flat.
So many colours and tones, yet such a low contrast.

I had a quick play.
Bumped the contrast. Level out some shadows.
Burnt some extra shadows. Deepened the reds in the rock.

GrandCanyon1.jpg

Matt/Giz, I like the edit. I'm always torn between highly saturated colors and high contrast vs. a more "subtle" (ok, flat) rendition. It's a lot easier with sunsets and oceans, but I'm still trying to get a handle on "dirt" photography. Did you burn the shadows in the far upper right? I would never have thought of that. :thumbup:

I burnt all along the valley'esque areas. It made sense to my eyes for them to be abit darker.
I didn't realise how saturated this came out(especially in the sky), which is odd as i didn't touch the saturation apart from on the red. Ah well... just a couple of ideas on making it stand out a little :D

Nice shots. Sometimes when I edit my older shots and I have too much sky, I crop to a 4:5- occasionally it helps. I like the cloud patch work. It's one of the things that attract me to the region.

'le-me guess, you were standing just west/at the western end of the village?

'le-me guess, you were standing just west/at the western end of the village?

South Rim visitor's center, go north to the rim, go left about 20 feet. I'm not completely sure, as our twins kept complaining about "how cold it is". I'm thinking of trading them in for a puppy. ;)

I'm not being mean, but don't hijack gmarquez's thread. And good shots by the way gmarquez

I'm not being mean, but don't hijack gmarquez's thread. And good shots by the way gmarquez

Thanks oCyrus55,

No worries, I don't mind the "hijacking". :lol:

Next year we may try doing the north rim of the canyon, and try hitting Bryce Canyon and Zion national park as well. I hope to get more shutter time as the kids will be a little older. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back